Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 01:20 PM

Are any of the piers in Cozumel being used yet? We are going there in November on the Inspiration and I don't want to be tendered in. Had a bad experience last November and don't want to try that again.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:40 PM

Just back from a Western Caribbean cruise on the Triumph and no, the piers are not repaired.
We were tendered in. Every thing went smoothly.
But I understand that just after the hurricane
things were not so great. We were told that because Cozumel was never a tender port they did not have many boats available to do this job. So things were in a mess back then. I don't think you will have any problems this time around and who knows by the time you sail maybe they will have them repaired.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:57 PM

I'm having a hard time finding something to do in cozumel - Can you tell me what might be open - looking mostly for a tour and beach day.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:43 PM

We just got back from Cozumel with Royal Caribbean and, yes the piers are still undergoing repairs. Thing will probably be very different for you by November. We had no problems with the tender ships. The key is to allow yourself time.

Jim
Old 04-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Administrator

I just received news that the Jewel Of The Seas docked at International Pier during their Cozumel stop this week. First cruise ship to do so since the hurricane. It appears the pier can only handle one ship at this time.

Here is a photo, showing the pier still has a split but is otherwise usable: Jewel Docks In Cozumel
Old 10-03-2006, 11:42 AM

I just read the website thisiscozumel.com. It states that the Punta Langosta Pier is now open, but the International Pier is closed. This has been done by order of Mexico's Transportation and Communications Secretariat. It seems that it was being built larger than the original Pier. Does anybody know what cruise lines have docking access to the Punta Langosta Pier?

Caribbean Vacation Links

Beaches Resorts by SandalsCaribbean Travel Articles
Old 10-03-2006, 12:51 PM

The SSA International Pier is open again, it was only closed temporarily.

Punta Langosta is also open to receive ships alongside again, it was re-opened last week by Mexican President Vicente Fox. You can see a tory about it on this Cozumel Mexico site.

Hope that helps!

Ian
Old 10-03-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yourcontact:
The SSA International Pier is open again, it was only closed temporarily.

Punta Langosta is also open to receive ships alongside again, it was re-opened last week by Mexican President Vicente Fox. You can see a story about it on this Cozumel Mexico site.

Hope that helps!

Ian
Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by deputy:
Are any of the piers in Cozumel being used yet? We are going there in November on the Inspiration and I don't want to be tendered in. Had a bad experience last November and don't want to try that again.
We were just on the Inspiration two weeks ago on a 5-night cruise and we docked at the International Pier. It was a Thursday which they said was the reason we could dock there. But things change all the time in this industry, so maybe by November there will be more ships docking.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DSR:
I'm having a hard time finding something to do in cozumel - Can you tell me what might be open - looking mostly for a tour and beach day.
We took a taxi to Paradise Beach from the pier (www.paradisecozumel.com) and hopped on a 2-reef catamaran snorkel tour there. Definitely recommend that. The beach has lots to do there as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cozamel, cozumel, cruise, dock, international, jewel, langosta, pier, port, punta, royal, seas, ssa, tender