Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 06:06 PM

my boyfriend and i are driving to miami for our cruise in october our ship leaves at 5 p.m. and we want to make sure we get there plenty early. it's a 15 hour drive so there's no way to avoid driving overnight. well none of that really matters...just venting. my question is does anyone know where you parkif you decide to drive there and how much it costs? also any advice about staying sane while driving for so long, lol.

Caribbean Restaurants & Dining
Old 07-12-2006, 06:06 PM

my boyfriend and i are driving to miami for our cruise in october our ship leaves at 5 p.m. and we want to make sure we get there plenty early. it's a 15 hour drive so there's no way to avoid driving overnight. well none of that really matters...just venting. my question is does anyone know where you parkif you decide to drive there and how much it costs? also any advice about staying sane while driving for so long, lol.

Caribbean Restaurants & Dining
Old 07-12-2006, 09:09 PM

Parking at the Port of Miami is $12 per day for cruise ship passengers. Drop off your luggage before you park your car. Hope this helps
Old 07-13-2006, 09:39 AM

Check this website out http://www.unitedairportparking.com/
We're parking with them in Ft. Lauderdale, they offer free shuttle service to the piers. I'm going to drop my husband and luggage off first, then going to park and take the shuttle. We figured our drive was going to be about 16 hours, so I plan on staying some place in between. If we had to drive straight through, I know I'd be making stops every 1-2 hours for my husband to go potty. Then I'd take his water away after the first 3 times. Then I'd have to wake him up every time he started snoring. Then for fun, I'd tell him there was a naked lady on the side of the road and watch him smack his face into the window trying to find her . Just keep telling yourself along the way, our ship awaits. Have a wonderful cruise.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:36 PM

When and what ship are you going on in Ocotber. We will be on the Valor October 1. We usually drive to Miami but this year we are flying because there will be 14 of us. You can park at the port but it's kind of expensive but not to bad. It is a very long drive because it usually took us about 15/16 hrs. to get there. Going down wasn't that bad because you are so excited to get to the ship but coming home seems to take for ever.

Closed Thread