Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 PM

Sailing 09/03 on Mariner of the seas. Any suggestions on specific stores or the best locations to shop? Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:22 PM

ok! well, what are you looking for? If you are looking for Jewerlly go to Little Switzerland in St. Thomas (St. Maarten's isn't as good in my opinion) St. Thomas also has very good liquor for a cheap price: St. Thomas is more expensive than St. Maarten but St. Thomas has nicer quality in my opinion. I hope you enjoy your trip! =)
Old 08-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Banned

Go to the only shop on St Maarten/Martin that sells Rolex. Look up Lucky. He is the owner, will give at least 15% off on Rolex and while browsing offers complimentary drinks. Also has other fine jewelry. Problem is make sure you have a high limit on your credit card. The money I "saved" more than paid for the cruise. I was in the market for a certain watch as I am a watch fanatic, try to buy a watch during every cruise.

On St Thomas go to Riese (Spelling). They have the best selection of just about everything. They have many stores.

Either way we are not the first tourist they have ever seen and the prices are pretty much standard. If you are interested in something make sure you know the prices before you go and check out jewelry at your local jewelers. After our first cruise we had our purchases appraised and found out that we could have bought it at home for basically the same price. It is still fun and makes good souvenirs, but don't think that you are coming away with the greatest steal or deal in the world. You can and will do well on items that are fair trade like Rolex where you will save at least 15%. Electronics are kind of risky.

If you find something that appeals to you buy it. Don't shop around because you will waste your time and then find that it has been sold.

One of the best places to buy is on board ship. The prices are competitive and they have a great guarantee.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely check out AH Riise. Not so sure about buying the Rolex, but will definitely check out Little Switzerland as well. I'd like to find new wedding bands, rugged stone jewelry, home accessories, liquor, and possibly electronics.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Do you think, while shopping in St. Martin/Marteen, it would help to speak Dutch or French?

Closed Thread

Tags
affordable, cheaper, jewelry, maarten, martin, prices, rolex, selling, shopping, st, stmarteen, stthomas, switzerland, thomas, watch