Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 03:40 PM

Hello all,
Just thought I would let you know that Sunset Beach's price has gone up. I just came back this past Sunday from the Conquest. I went to the Beach and was told the adult price is now $30 pp! I was very angry especially since I called Sunset Beach myself the day before sailing. I was told 20 pp. I think the people at the gate are trying to make a few bucks for themselves!! We left and had a great day at Doctor Caves Beach and Margaritaville!
Old 10-16-2005, 11:08 AM

That is great information. I will be in Mo Bay next month. What was the fee to gainentrance into Doctor's Beach? Did you walk from Doctor's Beach to Margaritaville?

Tom
Old 10-16-2005, 08:02 PM

Hi Tom,

We paid $5 pp to get in Doctor's Beach. If you wanted a chair and umbrella I believe it was $10. This was a very nice beach. The restrooms were very clean and the food and drinks were reasonable and very good. I know a bucket of 6 Red Stripe was $10, and they had some of the best jerk chicken I have eaten. They have waitstaff that come around often, so you really never have to get up if you did not want to. You could walk to Margaritaville..It may take you about 5 min, but it would be okay since you are on a main strip. We actually took a taxi from the beach back to the boat first. My kids wanted to go to Camp Carnival! I have to say, Jamaica was my favorite stop. M-ville was an absolute blast. They had a great reggae band, and the waterslide was a blast too! They also have some great jerk chicken and GREAT Margaritas. You should definately make both places on your stop there. Have fun.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:07 AM

You have just outlined my day in Mo Bay (including the Red Stripes)

Tom
Old 10-18-2005, 06:21 PM

Have fun! Im jealous. I am so ready to go back. Let us know how it was.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:29 AM

Agree With Julie Tom - I DO NOT recommend Sunset Beach - it is a rip off.

Doctor's Cave was reported by others to be a much better value. You can read all about Sunset Beach when it is posted in my Cruise Review
Old 10-19-2005, 09:50 AM

It is tough work but I will have to thoroughly inspect Doctor's Beach and Margaritaville. Maybe I will do a special report with pictures of it...VBG.

Tom
Old 10-20-2005, 09:50 PM

Hey Tom,

When you get to Margaritaville, try to get seats on the upper deck of the bar. That is where the band plays, and you can watch all the drunks go down the slide. We had a blast up there. By the end of the day, I know I was laughed at as one of the drunks! Beware of the Margarita in the tall take home glass! After several of those, you will not remember the ride back to the boat!! Have fun.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:13 AM

Julia, I will take your advice. Actually, I have been there before. Once on a rainy day at low tide I lost my watch when I hit the water coming down the slide and ended up paying some kid with a snorkel $5 to retrieve it for me. I think it is one of the best bars I have ever been to.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, beach, cruise, missouri, montego, sunset