Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2006, 03:46 PM

How would a 3 generation family of 6 get from Cozumel to Xel-Ha without taking the ship's excursion which includes Tulum and what would the approximate cost be-4 adults, 2 kids (3 and 8)? Would it be closer and, therefore, easier to consider a dolphin encounter(not to swim with them)? Would need directions and cost.
Thanx
Old 02-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Administrator

I can't speak to the cost, but it would be a journey of some effort and time for you. First off, the ship will have to anchor at Cozumel since the piers are still not functional from their hurricane damage. So you will have to take a tender from the ship to the pier. Then you will have to take a ferry boat from Cozumel to mainland Mexico (docking at Playa del Carmen) and then take a bus or taxi to Xel Ha. Lots of time eaten up in travel. I personally wouldn't attempt it unless my ship was going to be in Cozumel for 12 hours or more, which is true for some cruises.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:35 AM

Dave56 - Thanks for your help. Any ideas for an alternate reasonably priced day, like an all-inclusive day at the beach?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Administrator

You really can't go wrong with Playa Mia on Cozumel. Good restaurant, bars, sandy beach, fresh water pool, shops, water sports, zoo, etc. It has a lot to do and you can get an all-inclusive price which has open bar and lunch. They have several pricing levels actually, from basic to the full deal. I've found it best to simply get a cab and pay at the gate. This place used to be called Playa Sol but some legal thing about the name caused it to change to Mia. Nice place. I've been there about a half-dozen times in the past 5 years.

Closed Thread