Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2006, 05:52 PM

Hello Everyone, we are going on an MSC Cruise- "Lirica". Ocho Rios-Cartagena-San Blas-Cristobal-Roatan Islands. Would like to hear from the people that have been there. And suggestions on what not to miss.

This will be our first trip to the west after 5 to the east!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:05 PM

We have only been to Ocho Rios, and did the Dunn's River falls excursion. Had a great time climbing the falls. Along the way there are little pools of water and small waterfalls that you can sit under. It's exhilarating!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:58 PM

Take your own water shoes for the Dunn's and something waterproof to put your ID, money etc. in. As choochella said is very exhilarating, and the water is a little cool.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:52 PM

We were in Roatan in 04. When you get off the boat there are groups of people offering to give you different Island tours. We decided to sign up for one. After agreeing everyone was huddling together and talking in their native language, it was making us a little nervous about who we would get. We were almost thinking about backing out. Glad we didn't. We got a very nice mexican man who spoke fluent english and took us to many spots I don't believe we would have saw if we had booked through the cruise. He took us around the whole Island up to the top where we could over look everything. Also to a small beach with a shopping area (very cheap) you could go snorkeling or whatever you wanted. He parked and just waited for us. We went by one area that had an outdoor restaurant with live entertainment and lobster tails 2 for $15.00. Unfortunately we didn't take advantage of this. The downtown area is pretty rundown, and I would have to say I would not have felt comfortable walking in, although many people did. I thought the Island was one of the most beautiful and interesting things we did. My husband on the other hand did not hardly like it. Everything is a matter of opinion. Choose your driver carefully.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:06 AM

has anyone rented the scooters?? are they safe to ride around on the islands??

Thanks
dixie67
Elation 11-11-06

Closed Thread

Tags
cristobal