Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned

I noticed there are thousands of posts in each catagory and most questions have been asked many many many times...people too lazy to scroll and read look for answers..unless your looking for updated info like hurricane damage done recently to ports..this site allready has your question and answers posted....just scroll
Old 10-03-2006, 04:14 AM

wise2u,

you make a good point.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-03-2006, 06:04 AM

I propose a new motto for board usage:

SCROLL before you POLL!!

Kinda catchy, no?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:39 AM

SSUS_NJ,

sounds great.

Actually, wise2u is right, but then this is the difference between a web site with editorial content and a discussion forum such as ours. It's just natural that multiple users ask the same questions again and again. So while people would likely find the answers to their questions much faster by using our forum search feature, few will use it and the others will open new threads instead. That's the way it goes in forums.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-05-2006, 11:12 PM

It is also ever changing. What was posted a few days or weeks ago may not be true today. While is true most answers can be found in the past posts, it is good to keep a current and active discussion

IslandCruz
Old 10-10-2006, 05:01 PM

I think some people may be like me, not savy with these web sites. I have been using this for several months now, and recently realized that you can scroll down and see Port Chat and General cruise chat. I just kept going to the Royal Caribbean one until I just happened to scroll down and see the other links. (One of my questions got moved, and I couldn't find it) Also, I saw that you can type in a topic to see answers to specific questions...after I had already asked all of them.
So, a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who kindly put up with us asking questions over and over. We are learning every day.
Thank you! Thank you!!!!!

Palladium Resorts
Old 10-10-2006, 11:58 PM

That is a very good statement in my humble opinion. We are all here to learn. I learn things from first time cruisers all the time. Things change, and every member brings a different perspective to questions.

This is also a community forum, in which healthy polite debate on topics often lends itself to learning from each other.

Sometimes is like a family. We don't always agree on things, but we all have one thing in common.

We Love Cruising

I don't want to read an article about something last year, I want to ask someone who just got off the ship. You ask all the questions you want, that is what we are all here for. Is why it is Cruise-Chat, not Cruise-Articles.

IslandCruz
Old 10-11-2006, 08:49 AM

I agree with Cotefamily, I'm found it hard at first to find things. Plus if you dont have high speed it takes a long time with so many posting to find any thing. It seems wise2u must be getting bored, 55 post in one month and 2nd posting reguarding this subject last was ALL HAS BEEN SAID BEFORE
Old 10-11-2006, 08:32 PM

cotefamily,

You can find your own posts by clicking on your name. It will list view recent posts as an option. Just in case. And yes it does take awhile to learn to navigate this, am still learning

IslandCruz
Old 10-12-2006, 07:16 AM

IslandCruz,
Thank you- I'll be an expert at this in no time!

Palladium Resorts

Closed Thread