Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 04:34 PM

I'm sorry, Aviana, I can't answer your question. On our cruise, the Jewel went through the Gatun Locks, remained in Gatun Lake for a couple hours, and then returned through the Gatun Locks. We stayed on the ship the whole time. Some people took excursions, but I don't recall hearing about the Ferry. Maybe someone else on cruise-chat can help you with that.

Have a wonderful trip!

Nadine
Old 03-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Jim's HazeGrey & Underway Again's Avatar

Nadine, so you did Cayman Islands instead of Montego Bay. At Montego I had booked 1 room at the Hilton Rose Bay Resort, Montego Bay, for $165. Gives you full use of their facilities (including a waterpark w/lazy river), but nothing else. My brother-in-law then found Breezes Resort, Montego (5 minutes from airport), which gives you a day pass for $45 each and is all inclusive, all food and drinks, and use of the facilities. Only thing at Breezes no children, only age 14 and above.

Aviana - we are sailing on the Jewel April 3rd, so sounds like we're coming on as you're leaving. Ship excursions are pricey, I haven't taken the ferry, but have a feeling it might not be worth it. Curious to know what your other excursion plans are?

Jim
Old 03-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Jim, We booked the Caribbean Train,Boat& Bus excursion in Puerto Limon. I booked this through RCL, and appears to give us alittle of everything I wanted to be sure to see and I get back in time to maybe take a local bus back and forth to the Cahuita National Park.(It's a 1 hour trip each way.)Of course, timing is key with the local bus. At the other port stops , I am probably goingto take local transportationor rent a bike. I will post information as soon as I get backonthe 3rd. Monica
Old 04-09-2009, 08:22 AM

After just arriving back from my Panal Canal Cruise I can say now that the Panama Canal ferry boat excursion is worth the cost especially if you want an upfront and personal view of the canal and the excitment of reaching the Pacific Ocean. I was not disappointed at all with this excursion.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 AM

Sounds awesome aviana, welcome back

Closed Thread

Tags
cartagena, cruise, excrusions, excursion, excursions, favorite, forms, jewel, land, panama, ports, rated, rcc, reviews, seas, top