Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 09:01 PM

would like to know what to do on Dominica.We are traveling with our 11 year old son this time. What's fun?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 AM

If you like snorkeling, book a snorkel tour to Champagne Reef. It is the most beautiful snorkel I've been on to date. You will see plenty of fish, octopus, squid, coral, but the best part is snorkeling over the volcano vent. It looks like you're snorkeling in a glass of champagne and you can feel the temperature change in the water. It is magnificent. There's a nice tour to Trafalga Falls, it's quite a hike to get down to the Emerald Pool, but it is a beautiful tour. Dominica is one of my favorite stops, the people are very friendly and the island is not commercialized, yet. The roads are very narrow, but the scenery is fantastic. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:11 PM

Thank you so much for your info, looking forward to Dominica!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:54 PM

I would just like to comment on Penny's statement about Champagne Reef. It is a beautiful reef and the bubbles coming up through the vents do make it seem like you are in a glass of champagne. However, if you are going to go, make sure you do it from a catamaran or boat. We went on a private excursion to Trafalgar Falls, then to the reef. We had to walk along the beach, which really is no beach at all. Just alot of black rock. It was really hard to walk on. With a catamaran tour, you just jump into the water right off the boat. Keep that in mind.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:15 PM

Penny has good advice. The beaches there are all black sand, ugly I think. We did a rain forrest tram ride excursion, I thought it was boring but my wife liked it. I followed Pennies advice a few months ago for Grenada excursion and she was right on the money!

Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, cruise, dominica, excursion, excursions, falls, reviews, trafalga