Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: I have read all the literature that I have recieved from Carnival, and have read all the reviews.
Anyone 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2003, 06:04 PM

Lets see , a dolphin free swim? The only ones I can think of are some of the liveaboard dive boats like Blackbeards.I have never heard of a free swim on a cruise ship.I have done shark dives with Royal caribbean with Nassau Scuba Center.If you call Nassau Scuba Center, they will somtimes take snorklers on the dive boat.My wife had been twice and I took my niece and nephew.You will be in deep water along the wall with about 20 large reef sharks.I have never heard of anyone being bitten without asking for it.This is a great educational experience rather you dive or snorkle.Sharks and dolphins are usually found in deeper water, 100 ft plus.Hope you have fun.
Joe
Old 01-24-2003, 01:28 PM

I heard good reports of the dolphin encounter at Anthony Key (or similar name) resort on Roatan. SOme of my fellow cruisers took that excursion (on an NCL cruise) and enjoyed it. Not wild dolphins, but a good amount of time in the water with them, maybe 20-30 minutes or so. Granted, this doesn't apply to Victory's itinerary, but could be an option for those considering some of the newer western Carib. itineraries.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:14 AM

If Cozumel is one of your stops, you can swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab park. However, I know from guests who come to visit us here on the island that it's something that has to be booked in advance during high season. We have been unsuccessful in getting them a reservation on short notice. You might try cozumelinsider.com I believe they work directly with Chankanaab and can tell you what dates and times are available.

Hope this helps.

Ross in Cozumel
Old 02-02-2003, 04:36 PM

Mydaughter (22) and I swam with the dolhins in Cozumel and we loved it!! Well worth it. We were lucky though. We didn't book early enough and was on the waiting list. They added another show. Buy the video afterwards. Worth the $50 and better than an old tee-shirt. I couldn't believe the dolphins were able to push me up and out of the water - WHAT A RUSH!!
Old 02-07-2003, 11:18 AM

My friends want to swim with the Dolphins on our cruise as well. When I did some research what I found was that people were much happier with the swim in Jamaica rather than the swim in Mexico. In Jamaica you get 1/2 hour rather than the five/10 minutes in Mexico. It's located in Dolphin's Cove not far from port.

Puddy Tat ~ I'm doing a back to back Western and Eastern cruise in April as well, which one are you doing and the dates?

Destiny 1999
Victory 03/30/2003 Getting Married!!!
Old 02-07-2003, 07:14 PM

Hi- we are also going on a cruise in March and going to Ocho Rios for the day- You said Dolphin cove is there? near Ocho Rios? so exciting- my kids and I would love to do that- any more info??? cost - etc??
Thank you Debi
Old 02-09-2003, 04:39 PM

Ok here's what I have from other posts:

Dolphin Cove
This is a very good excursion...the owners have done a nice job and the cost is about half what Sea World charges in Florida to swim with or have an encounter with the dolphins..it's a fun place and worth a visit...

You can find out all about the Dolphin Cove attraction at http://www.dolphincovejamaica.com/ - the rates are in the Information section. A lot of the hotels have organized tours to it. It is next to Dunns River Falls.

This should help. I can't remember if I mentioned that I did hear that you should pay the extra to do the swim not just a touch encounter. I heard the touch is a waste really. The fun and experience is with the swim.

Chris

Destiny 1999
Victory 03/30/2003 Getting Married!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 08:07 PM

I wanted to book directly with Dolphin Cove, since their website showed the prices a lot less than Carnival's short tour, and it didn't go to the Falls, where we have no interest in going. They accepted my reservation, but once they found our I was on a ship, they really didn't want to deal with me, said to make changes through the cruise line. I said I didn't want to deal with them, they eventually said the cruise line bought up all the programs. I don't really believe that, and the lady who replied was very curt and vague with her answers. I'm hoping I can get things the way I want them on the ship.

There are 3 programs - an Encounter -$35 (touch dolphin from side of tank), Swim Encounter $79 (swim with 1 or 2 and trainer) and Swim $145 (swim with and get pushed by dolphin, trainer by your side).

I'll hopefully be doing it on 2/25, so I'll let you know.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:37 PM

Anyone going to Nassau will have an enjoyable experience with the dolphins at Blue Lagoon Island. We were there on the Carnival Fantasy which offered a dolphin encounter tour which was very different than our dolphin swim tour. You need to book the dolphin swin in advance on the internet. We had an incredible time, spent an hour with the dolphins, and could not have asked for a better time. The staff at the facility were knowledgeable and friendly and the animals seemed well cared for.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:30 PM

[quote]Originally posted by cruisebride2003:
CRUISEBRIDE2003, We are sailing out of Miami on April 20th., and doing the Eastern Cruise first then onto the Western cruise the following week. When are you going and what day do you die....I mean get married?

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cayman, cruise, dolphin, dolphins, dophins, eastern, eatern, grand, place, qwim, ross, scott, scuba, ship, swim, western