Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: I have read all the literature that I have recieved from Carnival, and have read all the reviews.
Anyone 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2002, 09:33 AM

Old 11-30-2002, 09:33 AM

Old 11-30-2002, 05:35 PM

When you go to Cozemel, go to the state park Chankenob..Sorry, but the spelling is probably wrong. When you get off the ship take a cab north about 6 miles, cost $10.00, then to the park aprox. $10.00. THis is a great snorkling and beach spot. This is where you can swim with the dolphins..We were there in 2001. The cost was aprox $75.00. Facilities are great, resturant,etc..Have a super time...
Old 12-01-2002, 06:17 AM

I heard from many people on my last cruise Nov 10, 02 (western caribbean) that this was a joke. They took your money and you got 5 minutes.

If you really want a GOOD experience swimming with dolphins, can I recommend Treasure Village 305-852-0511 on Plantation Key in the Florida Keys.It is so good you MUST book months in advance, and costs under $100, but you will be with the dolphins for an hours. Plus, they have instruction, and keep the classes small. I have done this with my neices (kids must have proof of age-under 12 not allowed-but check on this) and it is truly a wonderful experience. The grounds of this facility are absolutely gorgous, and they have other marine life and shows also. Worth every penny and has been around for many many years.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:29 PM

Thank you for the info, However, I should say that I would prefer free Dolphins rather than the poor things kept in captivity.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:27 PM

You should NEVER swim with dolphins unless they are in some kind of captivity, and they are proved to be tame. Dolphins, although they smile, can kill you. Plus, it is not unusual for sharks to swim under them.

Where I recommended, is a huge facility that has miles & miles of canals where they swim. They have never hurt anyone and are closely supervised.

There was a visitor down here in the Keys two years ago, who while out on a boat saw dolphins and jumped in . A shark bit his foot and he spent the week in the hospital, that was supposed to be a week of vacation.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:45 AM

Last year, we stopped at Grand Cayman. Our "snorkel with the stingrays" tour was cancelled due to a scheduling conflict, but we kept the 45-minute flight-seeing tour, which took us directly over the stingray harbor.

We were disappointed to see that this would not be any kind of personal experience with these nifty creatures: it would be you, your spouse, and about 500 total strangers all splashing about in the same 200 square feet of water. Oh boy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We're heading to the Eastern Caribbean in February and there's a dolphin encounter available at one of the ports (Nassau?), but if it's anything like what the stingray encounter looked like, we'll skip it and go to Sea World.

-Scott
Chicago
Old 12-12-2002, 01:36 PM

First of all Stingray City is not a harbor but a giant sandbar. It is a h*ll of a lot bigger than 200 yds. Yes while it does get crowded, the people are spread out enough that it is not a problem. Swimming with the stingrays is an experience that you should not miss.

Stan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 08:56 AM

My husband and I plan on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Costa Atlantica in March 2003. Nassau has dolphin encounters, but it was suggested to book well in advance through your cruise planner because they go quickly. We plan on doing the same thing. Good Luck!
Old 01-20-2003, 08:46 AM

There is a dolphin encounter in Cozumel-I think it maybe at Chananaab park. However, I am not sure if the cruise lines buy all the available slots to then resell as a cruise excursion. There is also an encounter at Salt Cay-which I believe is reachable from Nassau.They have a website-just put dolphin encounter in a search engine.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cayman, cruise, dolphin, dolphins, dophins, eastern, eatern, grand, place, qwim, ross, scott, scuba, ship, swim, western