Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 PM
One of the popular items for sale in St. Thomas, as well as many other cruise ports of call, are tableclothes. I think it is due to the tax exempt status on linen items.

Anyway, when I go to St. Thomas in November, I will be interested in purchasing a tablecloth. I noticed them for sale in the AL Cohen store on the other end of the Havensight Mall, from the cruise ship dock(on my cruise last year). I didn't buy one at the time; but this next time might be different. I don't know anything about buying a tablecloth. I was wondering if anyone here has purchased such a tablecloth while in St. Thomas or elsewhere? I don't know how much they cost. I am sure the price varies by size (and maybe by how intricate the patern is). So I was wondering what a realistic price would be for one that would cover an average size dinner table?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 PM

Hello Frase, My wife bought my daughter an oval silk table cloth with 8 napkins in St. Maarten. It was at a store just after you get off the water taxi. She paid $38 for it. You probably can get the same kind of deal in St. Thomas.

Sonny
Old 09-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Thank you Sonny V. I can't wait until my next cruise in November. I was worried that such a tablecloth would cost much more than that. I am glad it will not. The tablecloth I purchase will likely become one of the Christmas or Birthday presents for my Mother, Sister, or other female family member. Once again, thank you Sonny V.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I bought two large and intricate tablecloths for my wife about seven years ago at a flea market in Cartegena for $10.00 each. I was reluctant because they were so inexpensive, but they were well made and we still use them today.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 AM

I've purchased table cloths in St. Thomas twice over the last many years. They were both linen with fabulous embroidery. I bought 12 matching napkins with each as well.

They have held up well over the years and are as pretty now as when I bought them. I just wish they didn't need to be ironed, but oh well! They're worth it.

Sandy
Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 AM

I purchased a tablecloth last year which was nice, but not the fine linen (who wants to iron anyways huh? )
I think I paid $35.00 for the tablecloth and (8) napkins. I get loads of compliments on it. Very pretty.

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 10-23-2007, 09:42 PM
My friend has a table that is 90x46 inches (that converts to 2.29 meters by 1.17 meters for the members here outside the US). Do you think, in St. Thomas, they will sell a table cloth big enough for a table that size?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Yes they will. I found that out on the Internet. I visited the website of one of the biggest sellers of tablecloth on St. Thomas. Here is the website in case you are curious:
Click Here For "Mr. Tablecloth" Website

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cartegena, cloth, clothes, cover, maarten, marten, martin, st, store, table, tablecloth, tablecloths, thomas