Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 AM

HELP: Carnival Destiny just changed itinerary for 2008.
We are stopping in La Romana, Dominican Rupublic, we are docking here mid afternoon, staying all night until 5 pm - so 26 hours here.

Has anyone been here, got pictures, ideas, info on what to do?
Anything and everything would help.....

Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 AM

Great snorkeling off of Catalina Isle. We booked a trip through Costa and it was a wonderful catamaran sail/snorkel. The water was clear and the snorkeling was wonderful. La Romana itself is a very industrialized city. There was a couple at our table that took a tour of the city that lasted all day. They visited some historical places of interest and said it was a really good tour.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi Renee: We are stuck on that cruise too and it does not make any sense. We loose a day at sea and wonderful Antigua and the most beautiful of all St Lucia. For what to go into a industral port at 3:00 pm where there is nothing to do until the next day. Well maybe it does for Carnival saving money. I was, and still am, very disapointed to the point of maybe canceling as we are flying a long distance and spending a lot of money for this cruise. What is your date?
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 04-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Hello baby doll. Must be fate, that was my nick name growing up (baby of the family and last name dahl).
We are March 16, 2008. We too are disapointed as St. Lucis & Antigua were two of our favorite islands also. This cruise is with our daughter's honeymoon as well as her 21st birthday. We haven't cruised in nearly 9 yrs. and look forward to getting back into it. Took the last yrs. off to vacation a week here and there on different Caribbean Islands. Now we are ready to get back into the swing of cruising.
I called up Carnival to see why they changed it up. I was told many customers requested an overnight stay on an island, and they are giving it a go starting with the Destiny.
We decided to give it a try.
When is your cruising date? We are flying out of Minnesota, and you?

Old 04-01-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah I heard that story too, but that would be cool if it was a nice island instead of an industral port. Baby Doll is the nickname my husband has for me...awwwww isn't that just to cute..I like yours too. We are flying out of California so a long haul. Our date is March 2. I am into checking hotels right now and the Sheraton would be nice, but a whooping $280.00 a night! I am leaning towards the Hotel Milano in old town. Not far from the port and although not a fancy dancy Hotel it is owned by a local family and I like that. 2 nights there in high season is $210.00 for a small room to $350.00 for a nice room up front. But this is for 2 days. One review said it was a little noisy but ear plugs thrown in the suitcase will fix that, most reviews was positive. Beings they only book 2 rooms at high season on the weekends it is ok cause we need one day for jet lag anyway and be rested for the cruise. First port St Thomas and I want to be rested and not just dragin my butt off the ship. My vacation planner at Carnival knows I am not excited about spending all this money to get there to miss out on the two best ports. But we will see. Have you been to these islands before? We haven't. Maybe if you have you could give us some pointers.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN

Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, cruise, dock, dominca, dominican, la, laromana, port, republic, republican, review, reviews, romana, sail, ship, snorkel, tour