Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:50 AM

Hello!

As we now thought about, what we could do on our Carribean-cruise in January, I wanted to ask you, if anyone of you made negative experiences with the trips we planned...to avoid doing things, that are not as good as they sound.

So we thought about the following excursions:

Tortola: Virgin Gorda - the Baths

St. Maarten: rent a car (go to Marigot, Maho Bay and so on)

St. Lucia: land trip to Soufriere and get back by boat (7-hours-tour offered by Celebrity)

Barbados: snorkeling at shipwreck and swim with turtles (offered by Celebrity)

Grenada: whale and dolphin-watching (offered by Celebrity)

Curacao: world of water-tour (agency Curacao-Actief)

Aruba: beach

Thanks a lot for your help!

Mario

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Sounds absolutely perfect to me! The Baths in Virgin Gorda are very unique, very picturesque, and I hope you have a great time there. I hope there's a plane landing when you go to Maho, it's almost on top of you, really fun. St. Lucia is a beautiful island, I think you will enjoy touring there. I'll almost bet your snorkeling trip in Barbados will be with Tiami. Their catamarans are beautiful, big, clean, and a great crew. We've seen loads of turtles on our snorkels. Then they'll take you to a nice beach to enjoy some rum punch, swimming or just relaxing. I hope you see many whales and dolphins in Grenada, do try to go over to the Grand Anse beach, it's white powder and just so relaxing. The Curacao tour sounds marvelous and I think you'll enjoy that. Aruba has some fantastic beaches, we went to Palm Beach the last time we were there. The beach was not crowded, there was a pier that had a bar/restaurant, they had water toys, and there were a couple of hotels that you could get drinks from, too.

You have a wonderful itinerary, and Celebrity is supposed to be fantastic. We'll find out soon and will let you know when we return.

Be sure to bring extra memory chips for your camera, batteries too. If you're like me, extra film as well. I still like my 35mm. We do have a digital and a camcorder, but I like my old 35mm. Don't forget the sunscreen either or your sunglasses
Old 11-17-2009, 11:18 PM

As our whale and dolphin-watching will only last 3 hours, there will be enough time to enjoy Grand Anse beach too...that's fine :-)

Palm beach sounds interesting too...we'll think about going there.

The tour in Curacao was highly recommended by a member of this forum and I think it's a better way to see many interesting points of the islands than renting a car and getting around, without knowing where the best places are.

Have a great cruise!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
anse, bay, beach, celebrity, cruise, excursion, excursions, grand, maarten, maho, millenium, millennium, port, powered, reviews, st, vbulletin