Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 08:21 PM

Me and My Boyfriend of almost 10 years are going on a Royal Carribean Cruise (Mariner of The seas's) in september. One of the stops is Labadee. What is the most fun and or most romantic thing to do there on that island? We are actually going on this trip to celebrate 10 years of dating. I want to keep this trip romantic but also lots of fun. I'm having a difficult time deciding what to do while on that Island. Do you have to do one of the activities the cruise line suggest's or are there things you can do on your own. Are their shops at every location the ship stops at?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:21 PM

Me and My Boyfriend of almost 10 years are going on a Royal Carribean Cruise (Mariner of The seas's) in september. One of the stops is Labadee. What is the most fun and or most romantic thing to do there on that island? We are actually going on this trip to celebrate 10 years of dating. I want to keep this trip romantic but also lots of fun. I'm having a difficult time deciding what to do while on that Island. Do you have to do one of the activities the cruise line suggest's or are there things you can do on your own. Are their shops at every location the ship stops at?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:23 PM

Labadee is RCI's private island. There are only a few small shops. The cruise line will have a BBQ for lunch on the island. There will be snorkeling and some other water activities. Also volleyball. It is a nice day to just enjoy the beach or go for a stroll.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:39 PM

HI, welcome to cruise chat. We went to Labadee on the Freedom this past june. I was down in the spa, and I saw an advertisement for a beachside couples massage in a cabana for $250. Tip is not included. I decided to book it, but later that day cancelled it. Anyways, we saw the massage cabanas. They looked very nice, and romantic. They were perched on a tiny hill, overlooking the ocean. If you are interested, I would ask about it on the day you board the ship. Spa appiontments really book up fast. Congrats, on the 10 years of dating. Enjoy, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-31-2006, 10:49 PM

SMG, here is a link that may help. LABADEE
Old 09-11-2006, 05:04 PM

My boyfriend and I were one of the first few people off the ship when we went, and we made sure to grab lounge chairs and some shade! Of all the stops we went on, this was my least favorite. The flea markets gave me an anxiety attack with all the yelling and pushing and shoving of the Haitian people, and it was too hot. I almost passed out in line for the tender. I did not have fun.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:33 PM

That's strange, most people, including myself, think Labadee is a great place to relax and enjoy the sun. I guess it's how you look at it. Is the glass half empty or half full.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:09 PM

When we were there, we took the jet ski tour. Got to see much of the area. Wonderful time. It was our favorite stop. We were on the Mariner also. You're going to love that ship!
Old 09-20-2006, 06:01 AM

Been to Labadee 3 times now. We did the waverunners twice, I thought that was the best. The first time we went there, we did the Malafini Beach excursion, that was very very nice, then the second 1/2 of the day we did the wave runner. This past Jan. went back on the Mariner of the Seas, you're going to love it! Here's a page that I have with some pictures of the Mariner... My Mariner of the Seas Page We love that ship! In Jan. we did a back to back, stayed on two weeks. What a vacation! The first time we went to Labadee, we didn't know the place was so big. I think the previous poster's idea about a couples massage sounds very nice for you two, but if you don't do that, the Malafini Beach Excursion is quite nice, and again, the waverunners. The waverunners do go quite fast though, if you like that kind of stuff, it was quite exilerating. A good tip for you though on that is to ask to be one of the first in the line. The guide goes ahead then everyone else follows. I was on the tail end the first time and had a really hard time keeping up with everyone, the last time though, I volunteered to go first and got to go a lot faster, what a blast! Labadee is a very pretty place, I know you're going to love it!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, couples, excursions, haiti, jet, labadee, massages, nice, part, port, royal, ski, skiing, thing, things