Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2006, 06:30 AM

Hi Everyone...WOW!!! What a great area to find information out! I am getting great responses from everyone when I pose a question for all!!! THANKS!!

Anyhow...here is my next one:

In July, my family and I are going to be in Grand Caymen (July 20th) We have booked an excursion to Stingray Island through and individual company (we opted out of the Carnival excursions cuz of price and crowds)

We are using Ebanks Watersports. Anyone ever used them before or know anything about them? They seemed extremely nice and helpful when I spoke to them on the phone...just wondering if anyone has any input about them? (Boy, all I can hope for is positive feedback cuz I already booked, but I am curious to know everything I can about the company!) I didn't find this site until after the fact.

Thanks!

Christy
Old 07-05-2006, 01:27 PM

Have never used Ebanks. There have been a lot of write-ups on Captain Marvins, but since you're already booked, it's too late. Stingray city is a ball, the stingrays will take food from your hands, they're very gentle creatures. However, don't step on one. I made that mistake several years ago in Sanibel Island, Florida. The poison is really painful. They didn't x-ray my foot at the time. 7 years later 2" of barb worked its way out of my toe, 2 years after that they surgically removed another 7" of barb. Not trying to scare you, my encounter was not on an excursion and the ray was not tame. It is a marvelous excursion and I hope that Ebanks will come through for you. Enjoy your cruise!!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:49 PM

I've used Captian Marvin's about 5 times. From what I hear they are the best. You will still go the the same area and have a great time. The stingray Island is a must do. I really don't thing it matterS which tour company you use. Here is a sneak preview... STINGRAY
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 AM

Hi Christy,
We used the Ebanks in 2003 and had a WONDERFUL TIME. The tour was less crowded than the other tours, and best thing was that we did not have to prepay, we paid at the end of the tour when we were coming back. Our underwater pictures made by them were emailed to our home email and we could copy them as much as we wanted. You could not have found any nicer folks and we certainly enjoyed the tour with them. Very reasonable at $25 per person then. Not sure of the prices now. Onboard the Radiance prices were $58 for same tour.
I would keep your tour and enjoy!!! We'll be there in Oct.!!!!
Sovereign of the Seas 3/04
Radiance of the Seas 11/03
Majesty of the Seas 5/03
Adventure of the Seas 10/02
Majesty of the Seas 6/02
Sovereign of the Seas 11/01
Explorer of the Seas 10/01
Carnival Paradise 10/00
Carnival Fantasy 1/98 ~ New cruisers are Born!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:53 AM

Hey Samdel,

I'll be there in October too. My any chance will you be with us on the Freedom?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:53 AM

Thanks Samdel!!!

I am so glad to hear from someone who used them in the past. I had a pretty good gut feeling they were going to be a good company to do an excursion with....they seemed extremely friendly over the phone and answered several questions in more detail than I had expected.

It was nice to hear from a past user!

We leave in three days for Galveston and set sail on Sunday...I can't wait!!

Christy
Old 08-02-2006, 04:41 PM

Hi Christ,

I have a cruise to Grand Cayman in Dec 06 and wondering if you would email me about your sting ray city trip with Eubanks? I have been there twice but both time we were staying on the island and went with friends that had a boat. You are going to enjoy meeting these fantastic animals. Be sure and take a water proof camera.

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 08-02-2006, 05:58 PM

hey christy, sounds like a great company can you tell me how to get in touch with them we are going in sept.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:20 AM

You can find them at www.ebankswatersports.com or contact them by phone at 345-925-5273. They are the best in the business and offer several different options. Big boat, speed boat or a waverunner tour. You can see more reviews of them on tripadvisor.com. We used them when when we went last November and ended up doing a second private charter because we had such a great time the first time.

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, cayman, caymen, ebanks, ebankswatersports, grand, review, reviews, sports, tours, water, watersports