Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 07:30 AM

Anyone ever cave tube in Belieze? What was it like? Any Recomendations?
Old 11-08-2006, 07:38 AM

Do it, do it, do it!! Well worth it I promise you. We were on the Valor this past Oct and booked thru CCL and had the time of our lives. I would go back to Belize today and do this excursion. One recommendation is that you bring waterproof walking shoes, as you will do some walking in the rainforest to get to the rivers entrance point. Secondly, bring sunblock, waterproof camera and bug spray. You will them. Trust me. Anymore q's, let me know. Glad to help in any way.

Billy
Old 11-08-2006, 08:00 AM

So you recomend bringing Waterproof shoes. Any suggestions on how to store your sunscreen and bugspray along with keeping your pasport and stuff dry? Did you need any additional money for anything? Sorry for all the questions First timer here?

What did you do in Isla Roatan?
Old 11-08-2006, 04:38 PM

Don't be sorry at all. I'm more than happy to help. First time, awesome!! Cruising rocks. Here's how it works:

-when you get off the ship in Belize, you will board a bus and that will take you on a 45-minute (approx) trip to a drop site for guests to change clothes and store their personal stuff. I went to the trouble of getting a waterproof bag, thinking I was going to carry it with me the whole time. This is not the case. You store all personal effects in a locker ($3.00USD charge). Definitely bring your ship towels to keep in the locker. Your group that you rode over on the bus with will then board another bus that will get you to the place to get your tube 15-min (approx).

-Keep in mind that once your group gets their tubes, you will be walking for approx an hour thru an actual rain forest. AWESOME!! You should burn a few calories of all the ship food on this excursion. LOL!! After you reach the place to get in the water, the fun begins. I will tell you the water is cold at first, but then becomes so refreshing after 5-minutes or so. It took us guys longer to adapt, due to the low pain threshold and major shrinkage. LOL!! You float in the open for around 5-minutes, then you enter the cave. Oh my god, it was amazing. That's all I'll say. Don't want to give too much away.

-I really hope this helps. Honestly, we didn't do anything in Roatan. Looked around, got back on the ship. But we heard from people that scuba and diving were awesome on the other side of the island. Let me know if I can help any further.

Welcome to the most addictive vacation money can buy!!!

Billy
Old 11-08-2006, 10:06 PM

I agree with Billy. Cave tubing in Belize is a must. If you do a google search on it you should get a lot more info.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
belieze, port