Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 11:10 AM

does anyone know if you can get a water taxi at the cruise port in roatan to take us to west end? I was thinking we may do the water taxi instead of a road taxi?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:13 AM

I didn't see any when we were there in January of this year.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:32 AM

thanks, so please share with me what you did in roatan. excursion or on your own.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:22 AM

Hi,
I didn't see any either,when we were there, we rented a taxi for the day and Lonny took us wherever we wanted to go. Unfortunately the weather was terrible and we didn't stay at the beach on the west side like we would have had the weather been great. Hope you have good weather and trip!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:27 AM

thanks, did the driver set the price, did you get to choose where you wanted to go. How does that work... and if you had them for the day, do they stay with you if you go snorkeling.
how much did it cost? did you provide food and drink for the driver?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 AM

Hi macmom,
We used Victor Bodden and the price was set before we got there through email with Victor.Our driver was a young man named Lonny who spoke very good english.The price I think was $30 or $40 for the day pp.He took us wherever we wanted and pointed out things that we would have missed.We didn't go swimming or snorkling because the weather was so terrible but yes they are with you for the day or half day,whatever you arrange beforehand.We had a light lunch at the west end (finger food), and yes we shared with Lonny and bought him a drink.We also brought a bag of trinkets for his kids and tshirt and ball caps for him,of course I didn't know beforehand who our driver would be but it worked out perfectly.It didn't take him long to put on the new tshirt and I noticed back at the dock before he went back to the booth he put on a cap so they appreciate little things like that,there is alot of poverty.Hope this helps and if I can answer any other questions I will do my best.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:53 AM

thanks for the post. We prefer to give the driver the money we would spend on an excursion instead of giving it to the ship. We had planned on taking trinkets for the children of the island and never thought about giving anything to the taxi driver. we will take care of that...thanks again
Old 08-22-2008, 09:09 AM

We went on a fantastic snorkel through Costa. It was a really nice catamaran, Linda owned the cat. The snorkeling was fantastic! They had buses to take us there. Air conditioned on the way out, school bus on the way back (1950s model). I'd love to go back again!

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cost, cruise, end, locations, port, roatan, royal, schedule, shuttle, side, taxi, taxis, water, west