Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2006, 12:51 PM

We're going on the Carnival Conquest cruise to the Western Carribean in May. This is our first cruise so we are booking our excursions through Carnival.

However, we're having a hard time finding anything to do in Cozumel and Montego Bay. We want to book through Carnival and my husband doesn't swim very well and it seems like it's hard to find anything to do!

Any suggestions?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:47 PM

In Cozumel go to Chankanaab Park. They have a website.

In Montego Bay have Trevor Hudlin be your guide. He also has a website.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:11 PM

We were in Cozumel last week, and I think Chankanaab is still closed. We went a little farther south to Mr. Sancho's. Although a lot of the beach was washed away, there's still enough there to enjoy, plus all kinds of water sports available. There's a nice restaurant there, plus several shops for souvenirs and crafts. Admission is free, but renting a lounge chair costs something nominal. We will go back there -- my family liked it.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:53 PM

The latest update on Chankanaab Park is that they are supposed to open in April, so it may be ready when you get there. We are leaving Thursday 3/16 for Cozumel and were concerned about what to do, so we book a shore excursion through Royal Caribbean to Tulum and Xel-ha. This is an 8 hour excursion and we'll get to see some nice ruins and swim & snorkel. I haven't heard about any residual huricane damage at these spots. If anyone has been there recently and knows of any damage, please let me know.
Have a great trip.
Jim
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 AM

Spend some time reading the reviews about your ports and book the excursions yourself. The cruise lines charges more for the excursions. They need to make there profit. We are going to be in Cozumel in April. We are going to check out www.nachi-cocombeachclub.com This looks like a great place.

Closed Thread