Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 02:31 PM

We are taking the Freedom of the Seas on the Eastern Caribbean on May 4th. Any suggestions on family beach excursions? We have kids who are 5 & 7.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-29-2008, 03:25 PM
When in St. Thomas I would reccomend going to Trunk Bay which is on neighboring U.S.V.I., St. John. During my cruise I booked the "5-Star to Trunk Bay" shore excursion, which took us to Trunk Bay onboard the Leylon Sneed (a 100 foot boat). The Leylon Sneed docked alongside our cruise ship in St. Thomas so it was easy to get to it. Trunk Bay was super beautiful, like from a movie. I really enjoyed going there.

As for St. Maarten (St. Martin), I am not really sure. I went there too on the same cruise but I did not book any shore excursions there. Instead I went to Orient Beach on the French Side (St. Martin). It was a beautiful beach. I heard some people say that the shore excursion involving a boating trip on some catamarand around St. Maarten(Martin) was really good.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:06 PM

Is that excursion offered by the cruise line or independently?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-02-2008, 11:01 AM

we went to orient beach in oct of 06 when our kids where 9 and 6 and had a blast playing on the beach. the sand was perfectly smooth so the kids had no trouble walking on the beach or in the water. we just took a cab and stayed all day.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:42 PM

i would defnitely recommend the skyride to paradise point in st thomas it is beautiful. i will be leaving on my cruise may 9th in st. thomas that following mon and we are doing the "screamin eagle" the boat was broken last time we were there.

st marteen we went to a beach break and had a wonderful time

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-14-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frase:
When in St. Thomas I would reccomend going to Trunk Bay which is on neighboring U.S.V.I., St. John. During my cruise I booked the "5-Star to Trunk Bay" shore excursion, which took us to Trunk Bay onboard the Leylon Sneed (a 100 foot boat). The Leylon Sneed docked alongside our cruise ship in St. Thomas so it was easy to get to it. Trunk Bay was super beautiful, like from a movie. I really enjoyed going there.

As for St. Maarten (St. Martin), I am not really sure. I went there too on the same cruise but I did not book any shore excursions there. Instead I went to Orient Beach on the French Side (St. Martin). It was a beautiful beach. I heard some people say that the shore excursion involving a boating trip on some catamarand around St. Maarten(Martin) was really good.
We just got back from St. Thomas and did the tour to St. John's (Trunk Bay).
They changed this excursion a little bit. The Leylon Sneed is no longer part of this excusion.
You take the ferry (docks next to cruise ship as well)to the port of S.t John's and then they put you in one of their taxis for the drive to Trunk Bay (very picturesque). We found this to be better, because the Sneed had to anker away from the beach and the underwater snorkel trail. Now you are right there, more time to explore and relax.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, break, cruise, excursion, excursions, inclusive, john, johns, kids, maarten, martin, review, reviews, shore, st, thomas