Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2003, 10:33 AM

What are some fairly inexpensive things to do in the ports mentioned in subject line? Would like to rent snorkel, rent scooter(is this advised- I heard mixed reveiws. Dangerouse or safe?), go to parks near dock. Antway, my cheap vacation has now become expensive, thus, advise on fun things to do w/o the high costs will be appreciated.

Thanks -Jackson
Old 09-09-2003, 10:33 AM

What are some fairly inexpensive things to do in the ports mentioned in subject line? Would like to rent snorkel, rent scooter(is this advised- I heard mixed reveiws. Dangerouse or safe?), go to parks near dock. Antway, my cheap vacation has now become expensive, thus, advise on fun things to do w/o the high costs will be appreciated.

Thanks -Jackson
Old 09-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Banned

Go to Chankanaab and pay $10 per person and stay for most of the day. Good Snorkeling, swimming, clean, watch the dolphins, drink, eat, etc..
Cab to Chank was $10 per carload.

If it get's real hot, take cab into town and go to senor frogs or Carlos and Charlies for late lunch and then do some shopping. Whole day isn't too expensive.

You can see great pictures of Chank at www.maps-of-mexico.com
Old 09-09-2003, 05:29 PM

Tom-Thanks for the information. Looks like I will skip the mopeds (I've seen more negative than positive feed back). The maps of Mexico are helpful. Good Website
Old 09-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Banned

Once you take a cab and see how fast the cabs go (all with disconnected speedometers) you will be glad you aren't on a moped on the same roads. Some private side roads for mopeds only, but not all.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:08 PM

I found a ton of excursions listed on this website along with other useful info...climate, beach offerings, etc.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:26 AM

Last time my wife and I were there we opted to rent a Jeep/Tracker type vehicle and cruise the entire Island..soaking up the local flavors as we went. Check out the opposite side of the Island..the beaches are beautiful and uncrowded..the air is cooler, the roads are great. Have a high old time!

Closed Thread

Tags
carman, del, payadel, playa