Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 06:20 PM

Any thoughts? Neither is currently offered through the Carnival excursion options. Are "walk ups" welcome?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Passion Island is not a "walk up". You have to go with a tour. Although the operator no longer does the tours with Carnival, it is curious that they continue to do so with other cruise lines. We did this tour a couple of years ago, and while the beach was nice it really wasn't especially impressive. The travel time takes up a good bit of the tour, and the food was pedestrian at best.

Paradise Beach is a much better choice, which is most certainly a "walk up".

Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 AM

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM

We liked Passion Island. It is great for relaxing & just doing nothing. We ate back in town so I can't say much about that. And Dave is correct, you can't just walk up you have to take a boat.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-03-2008, 10:26 PM

We liked Paradise Beach. Just take a taxi and walk right on up to the beach. They only ask that you buy $10 worth of food or drink per person. They are not overly strict about that either. I think our bill was $15, so I gave the waiter $20. Best nachos I have ever had. Use of the water toys does cost extra.

Dwayne
Old 06-14-2008, 06:08 PM

We did Pasion Island a few years ago and it was wonderful. Clean white private beach, including food and drink, bath house, beach lounges, etc. I booked a cruise today for July 7 (three weeks from now) and I saw that it was offered as Isla Pasion by Twister. That is a fast boat ride, not the old bus and pontoon boat we took, with the same amenities. I don't guess they would offer it if it was not available...unless it is only for certain ships. If you take it, enjoy. I may do it again for the boat ride. Lynda
Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I booked Passion Island through the website as I too heard that Carnival does not offer it. This is not true. We paid $67.50 pp and found out Carnival offers it for $71.00 taking you over on the Twister. We will go in Nov and I will book through Carnival as we had an unpleasent experiance booking ourselves.

We met with the rep in front of Senor Frogs along with one other couple. We were put into a taxi and driven the 20 or so miles. At that time the driver agreed to pick us up at 2:30. We took the boat ride then to the island. We had a wonderful time and then at 2pm headed back across the water to meet our taxi....that never showed up! Luckily another taxi came along and agreed to take us back to the port for $22.00 even though we had already paid for this service. We were asked what the taxi number was but we did not know. Did not realize we should know this. Had another taxi not come along we would not have made it back to the ship.

When I returned I contacted the company and told them what happened. They graciously refunded $45.00 and have been in contact with us since explaining what happened. They did know the taxi number and said that the driver simply forgot to pick us up and that he will never work for them again. They said this has never happened before! They know we are returning in Nov and said they would personally pick us up and return us and gave us 2 free massages. I also told them that I felt uncomfortable in the boat with no life jackets and explained that if there was an accident even the best swimmer could not save themselves if they were unconsious. They said after considering this they will now supply life jackets in the boats. I guess I will see if they keep their word.

The only thing I worry about booking through Carnival is the TWISTER is a large speed boat. Other passengers said you do wear life jackets but if you do not like fast adventure rides and getting wet you may not like this mode of transportation.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
I felt uncomfortable in the boat with no life jackets and explained that if there was an accident even the best swimmer could not save themselves if they were unconsious. They said after considering this they will now supply life jackets in the boats. I guess I will see if they keep their word.
Way to go SanDee!

It's hard to comprehend that they didn't have life jackets on board.

The TWISTER does look like fun. It might be a bit much for 30 minutes though. Anyone done this excursion?

Dwayne
Old 06-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
as I too heard that Carnival does not offer it. This is not true.
It was true for a little while, but apparently they got their contract issues resolved when Passion Island was sold to new owners. It is also supposed to be a Dos Equis place now and not Corona.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:22 PM
You are right Dave. They told us that. All the chairs have XX on the back.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, beaches, carnival, carnivals, cozumel, excursion, happened, isla, island, offer, paradise, pasion, passion, private, twister