Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 07:21 AM

I read on another chat forum from someone who just returned Tuesday that the Tulum excursion was canceled because Hurricane Dean washed out parts of the road. That was our planned excursion from Calica. So guess I'll go to plan B. Does anyone know if the taxi's run pretty often back and forth from Xel-Ha?
Or maybe someone has a better suggestion??

Old 09-06-2007, 07:21 AM

I read on another chat forum from someone who just returned Tuesday that the Tulum excursion was canceled because Hurricane Dean washed out parts of the road. That was our planned excursion from Calica. So guess I'll go to plan B. Does anyone know if the taxi's run pretty often back and forth from Xel-Ha?
Or maybe someone has a better suggestion??

Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 AM

Hi Maryann, I was on the Inspiration the week of DEAN, heading to Calica and Grand Cayman-we were rerouted to Nassau and freeport. We were also going to Xel-ha. Dean kinda blew our whole vacation-no pun intended. I had made reservations at Xel-ha online and they were kind enough to refund me due to the storm. When we got home-I made Reservations with Carnival for 10/13/07 on the same ship going to the same place and intend on going to Xel-ha once again. I called Carnival to ask what the extent of the damages were down there and they say everything is ok and that there was only minor setbacks from the storm-If you go on Xel-ha's web site you could probably get a phone # to call them-we are renting a car at the peir to drive down-it's only like 15 bucks-cheaper than a cab-our cruise is still a month away, so I'm not worried-if there is a problem,they'll have it repaired by then-your a little closer-you should probably check on it-have a great cruise!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 PM

Sorry your trip was rerouted. I know these things happen sometimes. I've been on pins and needles for days with these 2 hurricanes in the gulf. I think next time I won't book during hurricane season! My nerves can't handle it!

The poster had said that he had observed that on his ship's cruise the Tulum tours had been cancelled because of highway damage, but that Xel-Ha was still available. From viewing Xel-Ha's message board everything there seems to be fine so if they are not repaired by next week, we'll just go to Xel-Ha.

Closed Thread

Tags
canceled, caribbean, carnival, cruise, excursion, excursions, ha, orkan, reviews, royal, sesosng, tulum, xel