Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 04:52 PM

My options are Jewel of the Seas going to Aruba, Colon-Panama, Limon-Costa Rica, Cartagena-Colombia & Grand Cayman or Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico to Charlotte Amalie, Basseterre, Aruba & Curacao.

If you've done these, can you tell me which one you prefer?

I'm not concerned about the ship, just the itinerary.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 06:09 PM

We have been to all the ports you mentioned except Curacao. We really like St. Kitts, but overall, I would probably choose the Jewel of the Seas itinerary.

We enjoy the rainforests of Costa Rica and would like to go there again (for a third time). You have probably noticed that at Colon you will not actually be going into the Panama Canal. We went on one cruise thinking we would enter the Canal, but we docked at Colon. It was still nice plus it gave us an excuse to book another cruise going into the Canal!

Cartagena has a lot of history and unique old buildings. I am not a big history buff, but I found it interesting.

Good luck with your decision! It will be wonderful no matter which itinerary your choose. They both sound great.

Nadine
Old 10-09-2010, 02:25 AM

Thank you Nadine!!! I'm actually booked on Jewel for January 2011 and I am so glad to hear from someone that's been to both. I was beginning to have second thoughts...I'm happy with my decision.

Thanks!

Happy Sailing

Tags
aruba, caribbean, carnival, colon, costa, cruise, curacao, ect, itineraries, itinerary, jewel, panama, port, reviews, rica, seas, southern