Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2005, 06:00 AM

Hi fellow Cruise-chatters,
Before I left on my recent cruise there was a thread regarding cave tubing in Belize. I have just returned from my trip and had the great pleasure of tubing with Reggie. I wrote a special report for our sister site PortReviews. If anyone is interested in checking out the details, here is the link:
http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/Belize51.htm

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-13-2005, 12:44 PM

Thanks Nancy. Enjoyed your review. I will definitely try Reggie when I go to Belize later this year.
Shelley
Old 03-14-2005, 11:24 AM

Thanks for your review. Sounds like a great trip. I wil be there in May on the Elation, and I have a few questions if you don't mind. What made you pick this over the ship tour? How does the price compare? Did you ask Reggie to stop for lunch afterword? I did not see that listed in his description.
Thanks for any answers you can give!
Melany
Old 03-14-2005, 02:55 PM

I have a question as to what you do with your belongs while on the tube floating. Should I get something that is waterproof to hold my ID and stuff??
Old 03-14-2005, 03:00 PM

GREAT review and pictures Nancy!! I cannot wait to go. I am going on April 2nd and I am very excited. I have read alot about Reggie and his tours. But when I mentioned it to my husband, he was a little nervous about booking an excursion outside of the cruiseline. I think he thinks he will get kidnapped or something. Looks like a great excursion and I think I made the right decision. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:47 PM

Melany,
There were a few reasons we chose Reggie over the ship's tour. First, was the price (if you give him a CC # to hold your space - cost is only $55). Second, I prefer to go in a small, more personal group, rather than the bus load full of people on the ship's excursion. As for lunch, Reggie offered the group that option when we arrived at the river. It was totally our choice, but for $5 - it was a great bargain.

Helene,
You can leave everything on the bus in the parking lot. Reggie assured us our belongings were safe and many of us left valuables behind without incident. If you would feel more secure, than I would purchase one of those waterproof containers on a lanyard and wear it while you are cave tubing. I am planning to go again when I am on the Explorer in April, so a group of us will be using Reggie's services again.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-14-2005, 07:51 PM

Hi Nancy,
Great pictures and a great review.I have booked my cave tubing through Coral Breeze.I leave for my cruise April9 on the Grand. Will send a review when we get back.Hope it's as good as Reggie.
kmq

Southern Caribbean on the Golden Princess
Crown PCrown Princess 07-20-2006
Old 03-20-2005, 08:50 PM

We just returned tonight from the NCL Dream. We did Cave Tubing with X-Stream and had a ball. I did meet Reggie there and spoke with him awhile. A VERY personable guy! I think either choice is great. Do NOT use the cruise line - there are a ton of people. The lunch is optional, but for $5 it's a bargain and the chicken was great.
Have fun. I don't think you would go wrong using Reggie. (p.s. - the river is low - so "butts up!"
Old 03-30-2005, 06:06 AM

I'm going in June and I love to tube and I can walk for miles but when I'm walking on uneven terrain and up hill, I must go slow and stop frequently. Do you think this will be a problem for me?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:38 AM

There are a couple of steeper inclines, but for the most part is is pretty easy walking. You should be fine.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
april, belize, belongs, cave, personal, reggie, tips, tubing