Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 04:48 AM

Hi,
I'm scheduled on Explorer of the Seas July 31st, and none of the excursions for Belize sound interesting to me (and they're too pricy too!).
Any suggestions of interesting things to do on my own?
I like activities like snorkeling, beach, some sight seeing...

Also, if I book excursions ahead of time and the itinerary changes such that we don't actually visit a scheduled port of call, do I get a refund on those excursions?

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:48 AM

Hi LovetoCruise2,
Although I am sure others will offer input. Here are my thoughts on Belize: Belize is not known for its beaches - particularly on the mainland. If you are looking for beach time or snorkeling you have to take a ferry to one of the out islands. The best beaches are on Ambergris Caye. Snorkeling is excellent at Caye Caulker and the nearby Belize Barrier Reef. However, being unfamiliar with the area AND the time parameters - I do not think I would recommend you do that trip on your own.

I enjoyed Cave Tubing with Reggie the last 2 times I visited (I believe the cost is $45 pp through him). If you book a tour with him - you are not charged if the ship is unable to make the port or tender service is unavailable.

Any excursions you book through the cruise lines will be refunded if the itinerary changes. That is also the case with most reputable shore trip operators. Here is a link to other shore excursions that might appeal:
http://www.caribbean-shore-excursions.com/Belize.htm

Hope that helps a bit-
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-21-2005, 08:10 AM

We loved X-stream cave tubing, we booked that with Belize Cruise Excursions and they have some other tours that look apealing too.

The cave tubing is facinating, I think its the best tour there
Old 07-21-2005, 10:46 AM

Be aware the it is a long tender fromt he ship tot he port and once you arrive the port has a number of shops and a couple bar/restaurants. If you go outside the gate to the port into the city itself, most folks are disappointed.

I would strongly suggest that you book a shore excursion in advance. However, there are tour desks set up inside the port area if you want to negotiate for a tour then. There are also taxis that can take you on a tour, as well.

Tom
Old 07-21-2005, 12:22 PM

We took the Barrier Reef and Snorkel tour and although it was fun and the snorkeling was good(free alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks) the little island wasn't big enough to almost put 20 chairs on and there was more than one tour there and it was just TOOOO Tiny! We comtemplated doing the tubing and did not and now I wish we had done it. Everyone on our ship loved it that we talked to!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 08-15-2005, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LovetoCruise2:
Hi,
I'm scheduled on Explorer of the Seas July 31st, and none of the excursions for Belize sound interesting to me (and they're too pricy too!).
Any suggestions of interesting things to do on my own?
I like activities like snorkeling, beach, some sight seeing...

Also, if I book excursions ahead of time and the itinerary changes such that we don't actually visit a scheduled port of call, do I get a refund on those excursions?

Thanks!
snorkling in belize 10 fold better than anywhere in carribean.try shark/stingray alley was highlight of our cruise

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, belieze, belize, book, call, cruise, cruising, excursion, excursions, free, port, refund, stop, thing, things