Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2002, 01:36 PM

We'll be leaving 8/31 and heading to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Key West on Celebrity. Any suggestions for shore excursions? I have heard the ship excursions are much more money. I am trying to figure out if we wait until we go ashore or if we should book something in advance (either through the ship or through another party).

It's my first cruise - so help!
Old 08-21-2002, 01:36 PM

We'll be leaving 8/31 and heading to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Key West on Celebrity. Any suggestions for shore excursions? I have heard the ship excursions are much more money. I am trying to figure out if we wait until we go ashore or if we should book something in advance (either through the ship or through another party).

It's my first cruise - so help!
Old 08-21-2002, 01:48 PM

Definetly go with Captian Marvins in Cayman Island. We went on a snorkle/stingray tour with his company and it was just wonderful. When we arrived at the spot for the stingrays our group was maybe 20 people and the waters were not very crowded at all. When we got ready to leave all the tours from the cruise ship were arriving and there was 50-60 people in each group, so as you can imagine it was very crowded. In Jamiaca please go with a tour that is offered with the boat. I found it to be extremely unsafe. We made the mistake of walking into town and were harrased. We did the party boat to Dunn River Falls. It was great. In Cozumel we booked a jeep tour privately with a company that was recommended to me. It was so much fun and a lot less expensive than the boat tour. http://www.cozumel.travelnotes.cc/tours/jeep.html

The website is above, go check it out. Have a wonderful time. You can email me if you have any questions.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:40 PM

[quote]Originally posted by veruca:
We'll be leaving 8/31 and heading to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Key West on Celebrity. Any suggestions for shore excursions?

Hi,

We just did this cruise on the Century in February. We did not book any shore excursions through Celerity and had a great time in port. The Dunn's River falls were a blast and the taxi service just outside the terminal in Jamacia was top notch. $20 got us a taxi for the day that took us to the Falls, shopping, and to Mahogany Bay beach. Cozumel is a great place for shopping and you MUST go to Carlos and Charlies! You will find half of the ship crew in there, As a matter of fact just ask the crew what they will be doing in port, They know all the great spots in port. In Grand Caymen we just did a beach day and you will find plenty of taxis buses just off the docks that will take you to/from various beach clubs for $10. The water and sand there is like nothing you have seen. Beautiful! In Key West we hung out on Duval Street which is a short walk from the ship. The sights there were a hoot, Lots of interesteing locals.

By the way ... we found we liked our sea days every bit as much as our port days. And to think my wife had to talk me into a cruise!?!?

Timm

Closed Thread

Tags
book, caribbean, carribean, company, cruise, dunns, excursion, excursions, falls, jeep, line, ports, reviews, shore, western