Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 06:31 AM

What excursions are good in Barbados? Or what should we see on our own? Leaving on Carnival Destiny on 8/3/08. Marilyn

Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
^^^^
sorry didn't see this post early

Well here a few TIPS for this sunday you can use:

1. Arrive early arround 11:30 no lines at that time.

2. upon arrival some employs (porters) will ask you about your luggage, be really sure they are employs "maleteros" they ask about 5 dollars they will take your luggage to the ship no worries, is better than take it by yourself.

3. I always book from th cruise line over the years here are my favorites;

* st. Thomas= the best is the st. Johns island tour, even if you only want to be on the beach they have 10+ perfect beaches you can use for snorkel or a day at the beach.

* Dominica= ok dominica is hot so is way better to stay on a air conditioned bus I have been on this two:
*dominicas favorites
*Trafalgar Falls & Sulphur Springs Tour
The first is the one I recomend the other one is nice but it was to hot for me and I live on the caribbean (PUERTO RICO)

* Barbados = well I have take three tours there
the best one A FLAVOR OF BABRADOS nice buying options and good prices and after you can overview barbados and the mahogany factory WOW they even make a demostration on how they do the figurines nice tour!!!

* St. Lucia = Toraille Waterfall & Fond Doux Estate, good choice and at the end you can even go and went on the waterfall for a little dip. Don't forget to buy banana ketchup

* Antigua = well I have take this one
Best of Antigua
two times the first time I really enjoy it but the second time I hate it because of the worst tour guide I have ever had in my life, so I can only say if you get the good one well is great, but if you get the squiny girl with the sony walkman you will hate it also.

* st.Kitts = I have only been there one time i took:

Brimstone Hill Fortress & Gardens

Nice tour Highly recomended

As for te ship here is my review with a few new pics of the ship:

here
Old 07-30-2008, 01:48 PM

We have always done the Tiami Catmaran sail/snorkel through the ship, they are great. Good snorkeling, turtles, nice beach after snorkeling, clean and big catamarans, great crews, good rum punch!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:04 AM

Thank you for your suggestions. Will definitely look into them.Didnt see this post before I posted on other area. Sorry for repeat question. Glad to here you liked Destiny Casanova, there are so many mixed reviews. But I can't wait to leave. Marilyn
Old 08-01-2008, 02:05 PM
well I have travel on Carnival Destiny three times already and I have enjoy each one of my cruises with them

Closed Thread

Tags
barbados, carnival, cruise, cruisereview, excursion, excursions, exersion, flavor, glory, review, reviews, springs, suggestions, sulphur, tours