Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2003, 12:38 PM

I was wondering if anyone out there has done the cave tubing? We are going in a group of 12 it states the minumum age is 12 but one of our group is 11 would there be a problem with this? Also is it a very strenuous trip? Thank you.

First cruise Carnival Legend
Old 11-23-2003, 12:38 PM

I was wondering if anyone out there has done the cave tubing? We are going in a group of 12 it states the minumum age is 12 but one of our group is 11 would there be a problem with this? Also is it a very strenuous trip? Thank you.

First cruise Carnival Legend<BR>

Legend Dec 15,2003
Old 12-07-2003, 07:28 AM

Go and check with X-STREAM CAVE TUBING minimum age is 10 so you're youngest is fine.

They are the best operators out there, only 15 in a group, very personalized and they do an extra cave system. It was our favorite excursion and Richard our guide was amazing!
Old 12-13-2003, 06:57 PM

We did it ( 2 folks in our 40's) 1 girl on our bus should have done another trip - she was afraid of water and hung on to who ever she could - she made the whole thing a little scary. All and all not a very easy trip. No real way to stay side by side. at one point our guide and my husband had to real help a girl who went under the bamboo (can be very dangerous) Glad I did it once, won't do it again.,
Old 12-22-2003, 08:35 AM

We did X-Stream and I found it not as extreme, so to speak, it was a nice ride but nothing crazy. I guess it depends on the river, when we went we actually had to paddle with our hands in a few sections as the water was so calm...It was incredible the caves are so intriging and beautiful!
Old 01-11-2004, 06:34 PM

thanks for the post, I was just in another section of this board asking about the age requirement for X-stream as we've read great things about it...guess you've just answered my question, my 12 year old daughter is old enough to participate. thanks for the great insight
Old 01-13-2004, 09:57 AM

Just thought I would let everybody know about another option for cave tubing in Belize. My family went cave tubing this past April with Elite Belize Tours, they are located right in the building where the tenders drop you off. The guide we had Vincent was excellent, he showed us a few of the sites in town before taking us out to Jaguar Paw. The guide at the caves was very friendly, spoke good english and was knowledgeable about the area. The tour included a meal at the resorts restaurant.
The best part of the trip was that we were the only people on the tour. At the time my kids were 9 & 12 and they had absolutely no trouble at all. You can find more info about Elite Belize Tours at www.elitebelize.com.
Hope you find this helpful.
BC
Old 02-01-2004, 09:05 AM

WE LOVED X-Stream cave tubing!!! I wish all excursion guides were 1/2 as good and enjoyed there fun jobs as much as Richard seems too.

It made all the difference. We were so luck to get a spot as all 3 groups (they only do 3 groups of 14 people each, very exclusive)were full and people were coming up at the port trying to get on and were been turned away. I'm so glad we booked ahead!
Old 02-10-2004, 06:39 PM

We just booked Xstream yesterday!!!

No one mentioned how easy it was to book them. We did an online chat with Tracy and we signed up on the spot. She asked for info, checked availability and we filled out a form and that was it.

SO easy. I'm still waiting for answers by email from other companies I've contacted the past week for excursions
Old 02-10-2004, 06:40 PM

We even went ahead and booked the Grand Cayman Buccaneer stingray city catamaran that they recommended. I only wish they did Costa Maya too

Closed Thread

Tags
address, belize, cave, location, reviews, strenous, tubing, vincent