Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
The only excursion I did last week was this one. I have to say that it was truly worth the money, especially since I was travelling alone. We left right from the dock shortly after we arrived in port. The first stop was turtle cove on Buck Island. We saw literally dozens of sea turtles. THere is also a reef there, but honestly it's been damaged by over use. It was still pretty, but you could see lots of broken coral.
We spent about an hour there, and then sailed over to Water Island. On the way we were served painkillers and beer and/or soda.
At water island they had a buffet lunch set up for us with salads and pasta salad and chicken and ribs. It was a beautiful empty beach with clear water and a raft. We saw a couple rays over there, but they wouldn't allow those who had been drinking to snorkel.
We arrived back at the ship just a half hour before it sailed.
The crew was amazing. They had everyone talking to each other and had the kids trimming the sails. I would highly recommend it if you're a snorkel buff.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 09-02-2010, 10:12 AM

I do love Buck Island snorkels, have not been to water island, but it sounds marvelous. Were you on a catamaran or on a sail boat?
Old 09-02-2010, 02:32 PM
we were on a regular 'pirate' sailboat. I have pictures posted on my facebook page in the Turtles album.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 09-09-2010, 11:03 AM

I'm taking my mom (85) on her first cruise. She's in good health. Would this be a good excursion for her, or is it too demanding? Did you book through the ship?

Tags
bones, book, cove, excursion, island, review, sail, sea, snorkel, snorkeling, st, thomas, turtle, turtles, water