Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:36 AM

Has anyone been to XEL-HA "water park", at the port of calica? It shows to be interesting and hopefully fun for the family. I made reservations and rented 2 cars-$11.00 for the cars-not bad. If anyone has been there and could give some feedback or tips-it would be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:36 AM

Has anyone been to XEL-HA "water park", at the port of calica? It shows to be interesting and hopefully fun for the family. I made reservations and rented 2 cars-$11.00 for the cars-not bad. If anyone has been there and could give some feedback or tips-it would be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 AM

Xel-ha is wonderful. Absolutely perfect snorkeling there. We did the Tulum/Xel-ha package, I would have liked more time in Xel-ha. You will have a wonderful time there. I didn't drive, we took the tour through the ship. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get to as it is very well known. The roads aren't like our roads, but you'll make it. Best wishes and have a wonderful time!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM

Thanks Penny, I hope we do have a good time-just a little concerned about renting and driving down there on our own-must watch the clock closely and be back on time!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 AM

WE rented a car a few years back. that is the way to go, but ask the car rental people about the left hand turns they have there. they are different then here. it will be a 4 lane highway there and they turn left from the far right hand after the traffic clears...ask them to explain it. also YOU follow the speed laws because you are in a foreign land, but to them they treat the speed laws as only a suggestion...
the area is very easy to get around. research the road map on the internet before you leave. and you will be fine. Xcaret is on the same main road as Talum. It is also very well marked. Enjoy!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
calica, cruise, distance, excursion, feedback, ha, park, port, reviews, ship, trip, xel, xelha