Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2003, 02:00 PM

After 3 trips East, and 3 trips West {plus one booked for May 2004, this is what I've learned...Puerto Rico sux,,,,no further comment necessary.

Cozumel-
Paradise Island...gorgeous,,,except for the HUGE stinging horseflies...bring spray,,,,it's the ONLY thing that saved my sanity when not in the water, thanX to another GUEST who had been there before.
Booze Cruise...my older sons went, and had a blast. We met on the beach, as they came to the place we went>>
PlayA Sol....nice, fun, if it rained recently, you'll smell sewer....it's ok, it smells ok on the beach, again, bug spray if you don't plan to be on the beach or in the water.

Special NOTE about Cozumel...Its always FUN watching all the folk RUN from the BAR closest to the pier} at depature... LOL

ST.Thomas....

Kon Tiki a MUST DO booze cruise!!!!!

Maegans Bay/Paradise Point....also AWESOME !!!

Repeating this cruise this May, and will check the price of a TAXI, plus waiting time First...but the tour is awesome...a nice walk for drinks, but were worth it...bring CASH

ST Marteen....

Everything Cool sold out...Went and did terriffic shopping, and went to the Everything Cool Beach...
$10 each as opposed to the $50 each on Board...huummmmmm....so AGAIN, Ill shop, and not buy thr tour...the beach faces the ship, awesome kewl shells, and had a great time...again , bring CASH for bar if you go this route.

Ocho Rios, Jaimaica...don't forget the RED STRIPE...!!!!

Dunns River Falls...must DO...either buy taxi, or boat,,,it was awesome, and well worth the tour price.
Last time we walked to town {not far} and saved the bus fare BS{they never tell you town is right off the pier}...So remember, walk to town, don't take a tour there...You can do the Falls and town if you are diligent, and leave early enough for the Falls. There are taxis and buses that run to the Falls every 20-30 mins or so,,,,and drop you at the Boat or downtown.

Caymans.....

Sting Rays..DO NOT MISS...tour is great, and if you get the early tour, you can get a second to the Turtle Farm. We chose the Sting Rays and the shopped, and called it a day.

SCUBA...deep dive EXCELLENT, also furnish a great VHS of your dive.

Turtle Farm...better for kids, along w/ the Sting Rays

And that's about all I remember ...LOL...It was great every time , and repeating a place gives you more options...I NEVER tire of it.

Have fun, and hope this helps

~C
Old 12-29-2003, 02:00 PM

After 3 trips East, and 3 trips West {plus one booked for May 2004, this is what I've learned...Puerto Rico sux,,,,no further comment necessary.

Cozumel-
Paradise Island...gorgeous,,,except for the HUGE stinging horseflies...bring spray,,,,it's the ONLY thing that saved my sanity when not in the water, thanX to another GUEST who had been there before.
Booze Cruise...my older sons went, and had a blast. We met on the beach, as they came to the place we went>>
PlayA Sol....nice, fun, if it rained recently, you'll smell sewer....it's ok, it smells ok on the beach, again, bug spray if you don't plan to be on the beach or in the water.

Special NOTE about Cozumel...Its always FUN watching all the folk RUN from the BAR closest to the pier} at depature... LOL

ST.Thomas....

Kon Tiki a MUST DO booze cruise!!!!!

Maegans Bay/Paradise Point....also AWESOME !!!

Repeating this cruise this May, and will check the price of a TAXI, plus waiting time First...but the tour is awesome...a nice walk for drinks, but were worth it...bring CASH

ST Marteen....

Everything Cool sold out...Went and did terriffic shopping, and went to the Everything Cool Beach...
$10 each as opposed to the $50 each on Board...huummmmmm....so AGAIN, Ill shop, and not buy thr tour...the beach faces the ship, awesome kewl shells, and had a great time...again , bring CASH for bar if you go this route.

Ocho Rios, Jaimaica...don't forget the RED STRIPE...!!!!

Dunns River Falls...must DO...either buy taxi, or boat,,,it was awesome, and well worth the tour price.
Last time we walked to town {not far} and saved the bus fare BS{they never tell you town is right off the pier}...So remember, walk to town, don't take a tour there...You can do the Falls and town if you are diligent, and leave early enough for the Falls. There are taxis and buses that run to the Falls every 20-30 mins or so,,,,and drop you at the Boat or downtown.

Caymans.....

Sting Rays..DO NOT MISS...tour is great, and if you get the early tour, you can get a second to the Turtle Farm. We chose the Sting Rays and the shopped, and called it a day.

SCUBA...deep dive EXCELLENT, also furnish a great VHS of your dive.

Turtle Farm...better for kids, along w/ the Sting Rays

And that's about all I remember ...LOL...It was great every time , and repeating a place gives you more options...I NEVER tire of it.

Have fun, and hope this helps

~C
Old 12-29-2003, 02:07 PM

Almost forgot,,,,in Caymans , on Sting Ray tour...

if you buy the Calamari to feed the Sting Rays, please note, that everyone on that tour who touched the Calamari, {mostly children and their parents} got sick. My 2 young nephews, my bro, and sil, were sick, as well as those on our deck who went w/ them...no one who did not touch the calamari got sick, only those who did.

~C

Closed Thread

Tags
boose, caribbean, celebrity, cool, cruise, cruises, eastern, excursions, excurtions, horseflies, princess, reviews, versus, west, western