Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 06:04 AM

I thinking of a Southern Caribbean Cruise in August. I know that the weather could be bad in August - But I have cruised in August before and don't mine.

Looking for what to do in theses ports: St. Thomas, Dominion, Barbado, St. Lucia and Antiqua? Are theses good ports? We are beach people.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:42 AM

If you're beach people, you should love Antigua! It has a beach for every day of the year. Seriously, I think you can find lovely beaches on all of those islands, but you may want to vary your experiences a little.

Not sure what you mean by "Dominion" - Dominica, perhaps? Or the Dominican Republic?
Old 01-16-2007, 04:00 PM

Came back from a nice Southern Caribbean a few months ago, we did St. Lucia, Grenada (the best), Antigua, Martinique and St. Thomas. Been to Barbados and Dominica before. Didn't care much for Dominica because we are the beach type too and the beaches there all have black sand. Went to the rain forrest tram ride. In Antigua we went to a really nice all inclusive resort for the day called the Occidental Pinapple Beach Resort. I hear that the beaches on the Caribbean side might have been better, but this beach was very nice. Of all the Caribbean islands that we've been to so far, we've liked Grenada, Barbados, Any of the Virgin Islands. Have not been to St. Kitts, St. Barths, Aruba, Caracou, or Bonaire, but have been to most of the others I think. In St. Thomas I'd do the excursion over to Trunk Bay, St. John. In Barbados we did a 1/2 day at a beach near some awful rum factory which was close to the ship (huge dump) It had a tour of the dumpy factory included. I know there's better beaches there, what a gorgeous island. The other 1/2 of the day we did a tour of 2 plantation estate homes and an Orchid Garden, very nice tour. Here's a link to a page with some pics that I took from this last cruise...Southern Caribbean Cruise 11/06
Old 01-22-2007, 05:47 AM

I have been to ST thomas 3 time and have ssne the island over pretty good. Go to Megan's bay beach it's increadible sight. In Barbadoes take the Beach break tour of the Malibu Rum Distellery. The beach club is pretty neat. Take a little more cash than normal here.
In the beach club the locals will wan to earn your mony and are willing to massage your feet with Aloe, you can ride a horse on the beach, or sail.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:09 AM

I have to STRONGLY dissagree with IceonWater about the Malibu Beach Break Tour of the Malibu Rum distillery "if" you are a beach person looking for the perfect carribean beach in Barbados. I mentioned this "huge dump" beach on my previous post. This beach has got to be the ugliest beach on Barbados, with an ugly ship yard on one side and a rum factory on the other. Plenty of other nice beaches nearby. Was there with Holland America tour and we were terribly dissapointed with it. It was a 1/2 day. Thankfully we spent the first 1/2 of the day on a plantation tour which was very nice.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:41 PM

sounds like you are thinking about NCL Pearl by your port descriptions, I am going in April, I'll keep you posted. My thoughts on traveling during hurricane season is if it's that bad they'll change itinary!I have cruised in summer, winter and spring it's all hot but it's all good too!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DSR:
I thinking of a Southern Caribbean Cruise in August. I know that the weather could be bad in August - But I have cruised in August before and don't mine.

Looking for what to do in theses ports: St. Thomas, Dominion, Barbado, St. Lucia and Antiqua? Are theses good ports? We are beach people.

Closed Thread

Tags
august, bay, beach, break, caribbean, carnival, cruise, dominican, excursions, forrest, line, lucia, norwegian, rain, republic, reviews, st, trunk