Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2004, 04:04 AM

Hello!
We are going to sail the western caribbean in october on the Navigator otS.

Can anyone tell us something about going to the Dunn River Falls by themselfs? What prices do we have to pay for a taxi to the Falls?

Thanks a lot for your help
Best wishes
Rene
Old 09-03-2004, 04:04 AM

Hello!
We are going to sail the western caribbean in october on the Navigator otS.

Can anyone tell us something about going to the Dunn River Falls by themselfs? What prices do we have to pay for a taxi to the Falls?

Thanks a lot for your help
Best wishes
Rene
Old 09-03-2004, 10:54 PM

Hi, I was to the falls this past June on RCCL Voyager and have cruised to Jamaica a few times on my other cruises. I have always booked this excursion through the ship - it is always the cheapest one of them all. When you book through the ship it includes transportation, and the fee to get into the falls. I am sure you can do this cheaper on your own, however, I would recommend that if you are going to go out on your own try to find another couple or two to go with you. Go as a group. I have never had any problems in Jamaica, but like all Islands you need to be careful. When going to the falls make sure to bring water shoes with you. We always have a great time climbing the falls, it really is alot of fun. Have a wonderful cruise, Sue
RCCI Majesty of the Seas '95
RCCI Monarch of the Seas '93
RCCI Sovereign of the Seas '90
Old 09-04-2004, 04:25 PM

You will love the falls, make sure you pay one of the locals to take you up the first time. We gave them 20.00 and it was well worth the money. He took pictures of us and showed us the best way up. Do not go to the shops next to the falls. BIG rip off and very scary.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:24 AM

ReneHA:
I agree with Eherby about the straw market at the top of the falls. Climbing the falls IS fun, but beware at the top. We had a hard time trying to get out of it. The arrows lead you all through the market and some of the vendors are very scary. My advice is not to go through the market at all, IF you can find a way out. If you do have to go through, don't talk to the vendors. They are very aggressive.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:04 AM

I would not go ANYWHERE in Jamaica without using a ship excursion. We did DUnns River fallss through Celebrity when we travelled and it was well worth the money. When we got back, they told us we could walk to a local shopping center if we wanted.

I was terrified - we were followed by groups of people and the "shopping center" consisted of a bunch of stores inside a gate with men with machine guns guarding the entrance.

If I ever again went on a ship with Ocho Rios as a port, I wouldn't get off the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dunn, dunns, falls, port, ripoffs, river