Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 06:03 AM

Would anyone reccommend taking the Nassau sightseeing tour offered by Carnival (2 hrs for only $27) or would you say it's easy to make your own way around town to see the different sights and such? I'm going with a friend and we want to keep our plans very leisure, but at the same time don't want to miss out. Also, we LOVE taking pictures so I wonder if we should do the tour to make sure we see all the good sights. Anyway, would love some advice on this!
Thanks!!!!
Linda
Old 07-25-2007, 07:02 AM

Lindalou76... click on this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page for some info that you are looking for:nassau info
Old 07-27-2007, 08:43 PM
I never book through the cruiseline. Too expensive and too crowded. When we got to Nassau we were going to ask a taxi driver about taking us on a tour but we did not have to. There were people by the ship offering to take us on a tour of the island. Guaranteed us we would see more than we would through the ship and the cost was $25.00pp and we did not pay till the tour was over. If we did not feel we got our monies worth we would not pay. There were probably 12 people in our van. We had a very informative tour guide who drove us around the island and told us everything we could want to know. Pointed out the island owned by Eddie Murphy, main attractions, showed us homes under construction and why they were not being worked on at the moment. Told us about the cost of living, wages, milk is about $6.00 a gallon as is gas. Drove us by schools where all the children wear uniforms. Took us through the poor area and then to a small street market for about 30 min where we could shop, use the restroom and buy a drink. Took us to a few other sights that escape me and then on to Atlantis which is a must to see. We were given 45 minutes there and then returned to the ship. I would suggest this and if you still have time you may request to be left at Atlantis where you can procede to paradise Island for a beach break or shopping.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:36 AM

We have been to nassau twice, the first time I was not overly impressed. the second time we did our research on the internet and decide to take the city bus. It cost one american dollar. The driver found out we were tourist and he gave us a guided tour. He took us by school, the court house, the queens stair case, a bunch of famous folks houses. Best dollar I ever spent. The buses are mini vans, they are air conditioned and very safe. I would do that again because it was well worth the money. and we tipped him very well also.
A word of caution. STAY OFF OF THE WATER TAXIS. It is unbelieveable had bad they overload them. It is an accident waiting to happen. macmom
Old 07-28-2007, 12:13 PM

Nassau is the kind of place if you've been there once, you've been there. Everyone should see Atlantis once. We walked off the ship, got a tour guide in a minivan...they're all licensed by the government...and he gave us a wonderful tour all over for maybe 10 bucks. It was wonderful.

SanDee..I would not put down cruise excursions. The cruiselines check em out to make sure they're ok, they make sure they give you what they promise, and if anything should go wrong, the boat WILL WAIT for you if you're on a cruiseline excursion. If you go on your own you never know what you're going to get, and if anything goes wrong, like a bus breaks down, you can wave goodbye as the ship leaves.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:25 PM

I have been to nassau twice. First time we booked a tour of Atlantis through the ship. Great time, yes expensive, but perfect for what we wanted. Next time we found a taxi driver by the name of Felix. He was recommended by others through these and other boards. He was awesome. Showed us the whole island, not just the tourist places. He was really awesome. Find him. I just yelled out his name at the taxi stands and he looked suprised but knew from that point on that we would all have a great time. Look him up.

Free Cruise Tickers

Free Cruise Tickers

Past Cruises-Ladies only Majesty of the seas- (2002)
Whole dam fam- NCL Spirit (2007)
Old 08-04-2007, 05:31 PM

IT SOME TIMES IS BEST TO GO THROUGH THE CRUISE LINE . ON THE ISLANDES IT IS DANGEROUS TO BE BY YOURE SELF. THERE IS POWER IN NUBERS!!!!!!!

AND NEVER I REPEAT NVER DO THE TOURS FROM THE LOCALS OUT ON THE DOCK WHEN YOU GET OFF YOURE SHIP!!!!!
FOR 2 VERY GOOD RESIONS.
1. IT CAN BE DANGEROUSE.
2. YOU WILL MOST LIKLY TO GET RIPPED OF VERY BADLY. TRUST ME IT HAS HAPPEND I AM NOT SHORE BUT I THINK THEY CHARGE $2OO. IT WOULD NOT BE BAD IF THE GAVE A BETTER TOUR AND HAD A NICER VAN ONES THAT DO NOT STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantis, city, driver, drivers, give, guided, nassau, nassaus, people, port, reviews, taxi, tour, walking, wanting