Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Administrator

I didn't retire but I spent 10 years on active duty. 4 in the Marines and then I joined the Navy and spent 6 years there. Semper Fi to your son! Anchors Aweigh too!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:27 PM

Hi Dolemite-

If you want to know what docks have been rebuilt and when the others are supposed to be finished, go to: www.wilmacozumel.com -- there is a lot of information on there about the tenders. We will be going on CCL Miracle March of 2007, they are supposed to be done by then. I just hope this storm season is a mild one.

Rodney--

Many thanks to your son, and to Dave56 for their years of service to our country. My husband and I are AF. My husband leaves for Iraq for a 7 month tour in 6 days. We will be ready for a cruise when he returns.

Hope

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hope:
Hi Dolemite-

If you want to know what docks have been rebuilt and when the others are supposed to be finished, go to: www.wilmacozumel.com -- there is a lot of information on there about the tenders. We will be going on CCL Miracle March of 2007, they are supposed to be done by then. I just hope this storm season is a mild one.

Rodney--

Many thanks to your son, and to Dave56 for their years of service to our country. My husband and I are AF. My husband leaves for Iraq for a 7 month tour in 6 days. We will be ready for a cruise when he returns.

Hope

Old 04-25-2006, 07:20 AM

Hope, prayers of support to your hubby. Our son spent six months in Afghanistan, but hasn't seen Iraq. He was in the Kosovo mess back in 1999 and saw some horrible things happening to the refugees. Thank goodness he is not in Infantry anymore, now in HMLA (Helicopters Medium Light Attack) as a flight line supervisor. No matter what each branch of the service is called (jarheads, squids, etc) these guys are AMERICANS! Good luck!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:38 AM

Thank you Rodney. I appreciate your kindness. You are right, no matter the branch of service or what A.K.A. name we call them, they are all American Heros. I'm glad your son is out of harms way. My husband will be on the convoys and I'm worried about him, but I have faith that he will return home safe. That's why I booked the cruise, it was my way of saying to God that I knew he was going to keep him safe and bring him home to his family. The cruise is a leap of faith for me. Thanks again.

Hope

Old 04-25-2006, 07:56 AM

Hope, you have faith! What is faith? Faith is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we can not yet see. (Hebrews 11:1 NLT) God Bless America!
Rodney
Old 04-25-2006, 08:58 AM

Rodney,

You are so right. Thanks, Hope

Old 04-25-2006, 11:34 AM

The Puerta Maya pier (where Carnival docks) was completely destroyed. It is gone. I was there last week (april 17th) and it is just a mostly underwater pile of twisted rebar and concrete. No work appears to being done on it at this time and it appears that it will be a long time before they even start.

The International Pier looks about half as long as it was two years ago. It looks to have some temporary work done on it. A Celebrity ship was docked there when we were there. I talked to one of the locals in Coz who said only the smaller RC/Celebrity ships can get in there. The large Voyager class ships are tendering.

The downtown pier was also destroyed. I didn't get a close look at it but the Disney ship was was tendering when we were there.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the update.

Hope

Old 04-25-2006, 12:36 PM

Gary Mac, just wondering...how far out do the ships anchor? Is the tender just a short ride? About how far? Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
cozumel, cruise, day, ship, tendered, tendering