Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 PM

Sorry...last post on a related topic. Does anyone have suggestions for good excursions in Key West? Anything I should avoid?
Anything I could do for free (eg. walking tour)?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:43 PM

hello,

was in key west last march and took the trolley tour aprox. 25.00 per person. its has 10 stops and you can get on and off at any stop. it hit the most popular spots including southern most point of the usa. make sure you hit duvall st.

later,

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-27-2006, 06:00 AM

They have the "Fury" Catamarans too for snorkel excursions. You can get some cheaper on your own if you shop. I love Key West, it is so unique as a US City. The Conch Train is a must for first timers.

The Glass Bottom boat was a rip.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:06 AM

If you like key lime pie, go to the Blond Giraffe. It's about a block off of the main street downtown. Awesome!!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 AM

My favorite lunch place is The Iguana Cafe 425 Greene St. But I might try some key lime pie from Blonde Giraffe this time as Penny suggested.

I have a book "Insight Pocket Guides" Florida Keys. It has an excellent pull out map with a walking tour. It is 10 years old so not sure still in print.

Im going to the cemetary this time with some B&W film, among a few other things still planning.

If the ship docks at the Base they will take you on the Conch Train into the main area. If docks at the Hilton or near Mallory Square you will be right there in walking distance.

If want an inexpensive lunch to tide you over rather than go back on the ship, there use to be a Subway and BK right down from the Conch Train Depot at the end of Duval. Note the southernmost point is at the other end of Duval.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:47 AM

kj,

I found an updated 2004 version of the book with the map on amazon.com only 1 in stock. They have some used ones, but make sure they have the pull out map. I have the 1995 version and is not currently available. Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Insight-Guide-Florida-Keys-INSIGH...4050?ie=UTF8&s=books

IslandCruz
Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 PM

I enjoyed a tour of Ernest Hemmingways house and a stop at Sloppy Joes is always good.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:16 AM

Have never done the Hemmingway house, do they still have the six toe cats? I have walked by and tried to get the cats to come over to the fence to pet them several years ago. I have climbed to the top of the lighthouse in Sept. one time and it was hot in there! Sloppy Joe's is fun I agree.

To me KW is more of a walking kind of place, not really a shore excursion type unless you want to snorkel/scuba on the reef. Again, I reccomend to first timers the Conch Train tour. Then I say get a good map and explore and make a day of it If you get tired or lost flag down one of those pink cars..they are taxis
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 AM

When the family and I went, we walked around and shopped, had some key lime pie, and shopped. Oh, and I think we shopped a bit! Had just an absolute w
Caribbean All Inclusive Resortsonderful time.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts
Old 09-29-2006, 01:43 AM

still can't get that ticker right. But we had a great time, go to Hogs breath. They even had a shirt for me and I am a bigggg guy

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, catamaran, cruise, excersion, excursion, excursions, excusion, key, ratings, review, reviews, royal, tour, west