Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 06:19 AM

I noticed in a previous post that you took the Tulum/Xel-ha excursion. We had planned on the Tulum ruins excursion but I'm sort of interested in the combo excursion. I was wondering how much time you spent at each place and would we have time or a chance to snorkel while at Xel-ha? I heard the snorkeling there was great. Is there dressing rooms for changing into swimwear. Also do you remember the cost this excursion? We are cruising there in September. Another thing, was a lunch provided or are you on your own for lunch.
Thanks!!

Old 07-19-2007, 06:48 AM

Hi Maryannb, you're getting so close now. I'll bet your really excited. Xel-ha is beautiful for snorkeling, the water is awesome, colorful fish, you'll love it. If I remember correctly we got about 3 hours in each place. I would have loved more time in Xel-ha, but it was enough to snorkel. They did have a place to change, but I wore my suit underneath my shorts and t-shirt. We did our excursion through the ship and they provided us a boxed lunch with ice tea, coffee, water and punch to drink. There were some shops in Xel-ha and you could purchase drinks there. It's a full day, but gives you enough time to see the ruins and snorkel so the next time you go, if you want to go back to either place, you'll know which one you'd rather go to. I can't remember the price, I think it was around $130/pp which included the ferry, bus ride, lunch, and any fees they charged to get into Tulum and Xel-ha. Best wishes and have a great time!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 AM

Thanks Penny. I think we might try the combo excursion. I'd like to see as much as I can while I'm there. I can always rest when I get back home, right!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:52 AM

Exactly, that's why I opted for the combo, even though I wanted more time in Xel-ha, I wouldn't have wanted to miss Tulum! Don't forget to let us know how you enjoyed it when you return!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:57 AM

Penny, One more question about this excursion. Does the price just cover the basic entrance into Xel-Ha or are there any other inclusions? For instance, would there be an extra charge to snorkel?
Thanks!

Closed Thread