Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 07:02 PM

Conquest in Dec. Some of group will be on ship excursion (Canopy Tour)and some on 2 different private raft tours in Jamaica which are from 9:00 to 1:30.

Then in Cayman (we know ship doesn't dock) private sting ray tour to be 9:30 to 1:30.

We've read different comments on leaving the ship,
missing tour cause you can't get off early enough, etc.
Since we've never cruised, this is of concern and would appreciate any advice as to the best way to handle this area.
Thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 08:10 PM

I would give your self an hour or so to get off the ship, especially in Cayman where you have to tender. The crowds start forming early and basically it is first come first serve as to getting off the ship. There is usually an announcement stating that people with early tours get off the ship first, but this doesn't always happen. I am going to be rushing off myself here in a few weeks. Ship docks at 9am in Cozumel and dolphin swim is at 10am! Good luck on getting to your tour on time, but again I would allow at least an hour to get there from when the ship docks.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:10 AM

Hi there retired, Who are you using for your tour?

Old 10-29-2007, 06:36 PM

Jamaica: i group going on "A day in the country through Carribean World,rafting tour. 1 group going through Caliche, a rain forest rafting tour out of Montego.

Cayman: Moby Dick for stingray(sandbar) and snorkel.

Cozumel: Ship Tour to Tulum and one group (no ship tour) to park for dolphin swim.

By the way, anyone gone on the above tours, let us know how you liked. We've read so much good and bad, its hard to know justwhat companys are better.
Thanks Again for any help or advise.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:15 AM

I am going on a cruise in April and I can't decide if I want to use Captain Marvins or Moby Dick. So please let me know how you liked them? I have heard nothing but good things about Captain Marvins and I think I am going to book with them but if you really like Moby Dick then I might have to change my mind.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:50 AM

We booked our excursions through the ship. Didn't do any of the Montego Bay tours that you mentioned, we did a tour of an estate and shopping. Stingray city is great, one of the best excursions we took. Tulum is really interesting and amazing. It's hard to comprehend the architectural skills and find out what the various structures were built for. The setting is beautiful. It seems like you can see for miles and the water is beautiful. If they're combining Xel-ha with the ruins, it's a beautiful place for snorkeling and water activities. The dolphin swim in Chankanaab Park was an excursion I'll never forget. Dolphins are magnificent creatures, so strong yet so gentle with humans. We bought the video they took and I watch it whenever I'm feeling a little down. It was an excursion that was definitely worth every penny.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! Let us know how you enjoyed it when you return.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:40 AM

Those with ship excursions will be the first ones off the ship. After that they will hand out numbers for getting off the ship. You need to get down to the lounge early where they are handing out the numbers so you will be one of the first groups off when they call the numbers. After a certain point of calling numbers when the crowds die down, then they open it up to general boarding.

Closed Thread