Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2006, 09:52 AM

We went with a group - They will keep a running tab for you. Keep a eye on it...... My daughter left early to go back to the ship with half of the group. At the end of the day they brought my bill - there was all theses extra items on there. Stuff my daughter would never eat....... The guy told me me daughter order all this stuff..... (He knew she was gone!!!!) I was stuck paying this bill. Get back to the ship - She had only order chicken tenders. (Something she will eat) - I just feel like they know she was gone - and they ripped me off...... "Lesson learned"
Old 04-24-2006, 07:40 PM

Aside from that, how was everything else? Drinks included? Was it really crowded? Anything else we should know? My boyfriend and I will be in Cozumel next Monday, and we were looking into going to Paradise Beach.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:37 AM

Paradise Beach was very crowded the day we were there. (Only two ships in port that day) There is no charge for the beach chairs - but they do make a point of coming to you and "Telling you chairs are free but you need to buy food and drinks" The drinks seem to be a little over priced. I was told that Nachi-Cocom Beach is much better.(You can find them on the web) Not crowded at all. You can pay one price and Lunch and Drinks are included. I will be trying Nachi-Cocom Beach next time. I went to Paradise Beach for the water toys for my daughter. (PARADISE BEACH - BEEN THERE - DONE IT - NO NEED TO EVERY GO BACK)- Are you going to Grand Caymans - If so 7 mile beach was great - the water is so clear. (I would go back to 7 mile beach)

Let me know if I can help with anything else - e-mail me when you get back - with an update of beaches
Old 04-27-2006, 10:39 AM

Doris, I too was at Paradise Beach the day you were. We were so disappointed. There was so much seaweed that I thought we were home on LI at Jones Beach. Seven Mile Beach was beautiful.
Its terrilbe how these people stole from you. Its so good you shared youre experience with others here. If you prevented one more theft you did a service to everyone.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:19 AM

We must have seen each other along the way.

We did Dunn's River Falls - Water tubing and a tour.

Seven Mile Beach was the best - (I would go there again) We spent all our port time there.

This was our second time being in Cozumel - (It's really a place I don't care for - But all the ships seem to stop there) - Paradise Beach is a real dump.

How was your room? We were in 9076?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:24 PM

One of the many reasons I prefer the all inclusives, no need to check the bill

Right next store to Paradise Beach is is San Fransisco Beach Club and its $40 and includes all drinks and lunch as well as guarenteed beach chair They also have a pool which they do not have next door
Old 05-03-2006, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the great advice - I will be doing the all Inclusives for now on.

"You learn by mistakes" Mine was at Paradise Beach.

Hopefully my message will be read - so that this doesn't happen to anyone else.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DSR:
We must have seen each other along the way.

We did Dunn's River Falls - Water tubing and a tour.

Seven Mile Beach was the best - (I would go there again) We spent all our port time there.

This was our second time being in Cozumel - (It's really a place I don't care for - But all the ships seem to stop there) - Paradise Beach is a real dump.

How was your room? We were in 9076?
Hi again,

we were in 9014. The room was fine. I posted a review on cruise critic. I am a huge fan of Holland America and after this cruise on Celebrity I am even a bigger fan of Holland America. The food in the dining room was not for my liking. Especially on the last night, I felt like they said OK thanks for the tip now get off the ship. Also, between the way they cattled us into the Rainbow room for the excursion only to move us to the dock was almost like this was the first time the were doing this. Our 12:15 excusion got us to Dunns River at 1:30. Terrible!
As I menitioned the job the childrens program did by using the public rooms on the ship was outstanding. I enjoyed Joe Mulligans show along with the magician. The only other time I may take a Celebrity is when I go to Bermuda as right now they are doing the Cape Liberty to Bermuda run. Thats a trip for next summer.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:34 PM

Going to cozumel and grand cayman in two weeks. Should i stay away from paradise beach? Also, what part of seven mile each is the best and it is free to use that beach too? we will also be in ocho rios..anyone know about the bamboo rafting trips? Any help would be great

thanks
Old 05-05-2006, 06:03 AM

Which stop is first Cozumel or Caymans?

Cozumel beaches I don't think "are the best beaches" - The water is not that clear - there is alot of sedweed in the water "It gets all in your toes" We spent very little time in the water. The water just does not look clean.
- I will never go back to paradise Beach.

I think any part of seven mile beach is the best - Make sure you spend all your time in the water. The water is very clear and clean looking. The beach is free

When you get off the ship there are vans waiting to take you to seven mile beach - the cost is $4.00 each way. There will be vans waiting to take you back.

Snokeling will cost you $15.00 - Make sure you do this.

In Ocho Rios - we did the Dunns River Fall and went water tubing & had a tour with Phil. It was great.

Make sure you give me a update when you get back.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cruise, paradise, wach