Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2006, 08:30 AM

Good morning!
I need as much advice as you can give!
I am visiting, Cayman, Costa Maya, Rotan Island, Belize..... I have not been to a few of these places...

I have 1 shore exc. set for Cayman, Sting Ray City!! I have done this before and it was great!

Now for Costa Maya, I need a little advice about this place. I heard there is a bus that will pick you up and take you to the beach and bring you back.
Now does this bus also take you to the Ruins
and back?
Also, when you are at the beach, is it worth bringing your snorkel gear?
Is there anything else I need to know about this port?

Belize
Now I have not heard to many things about this location yet. Any thing you can give would be great!!!
When you get off the boat, is there a lot of shopping? How far away is the closest public beach?? Plus, same as before should I bring my snorkeling gear??

Rotan Island
Any thing you can give would be great!!!
When you get off the boat, is there a lot of shopping? How far away is the closest public beach?? Plus, same as before should I bring my snorkeling gear??

As you can see, I am just wondering what I can do with little money! Plus, wether or not to pack the flippers and head gear. I am traveling with few others that have never been on a cruise before. So I want to make the most of it just incase money becomes an issue!
Thank you so much!!
Nicole
Old 08-29-2006, 09:05 AM

Nicole,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

Please note that our policy here is to avoid having multiple active threads on the same topic. As a result of this I have deleted your three other threads including the same questions also found in your above posting. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-29-2006, 09:11 AM

Opps!
Ha! Wonder what happen to it. So I reposted it! New timer here. Last site I was on you have to post it into different locations due to the areas you are going.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 AM

For Belize you may like to check out www.belize-paradise.com. That is the website of the operator that most cruise lines offer...

Ian
Old 09-13-2006, 11:42 PM

I just got back from a cruise that went to those ports.

FYI. . Gr. Cayman and Belize are tender ports. in Belize, you'll have a 15-20 min tender ride as the ships have to anchor 5 miles off shore.

Isla Roatan: There is not much near the pier in this port. There is a "main" street with a number of little shops and things. It can get VERY hot and humid there, so walking a lot might be uncomfortable. I recommend doing an excursion. . .Fellow cruisers who did the zipline loved it. I didn't see a public beach anywhere hear the pier.

BELIZE: The port here is much better, with a lot of little shops. However, there is not much more to do, so I'd suggest that you do an excursion. Cave tubing is VERY popular. There's another thread that addresses this issue.

Costa Maya: The pier is built up (done by the cruise ship companies, actually) and has a swimming pool in the middle of the shopping area. There is a beach right there, too, although it is not a premier site. A suggestion is going to the fishing village of Mahajual. You can shop there and buy for less. Our bus ride to the snorkel site took a good 40-45 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10