Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (
-   Caribbean Port Chat (
-   -   Dead Man's Reef - Paradise Cove (

Dwayne 09-18-2010 10:54 PM

Has anyone been there, and if so what did you think about it? I am considering this non-ship shore excursion at Freeport.

penny3333 09-22-2010 12:22 PM

Wish I could help Dwayne, but I only went to Lucaya area when I was in Freeport.

Dwayne 09-22-2010 06:36 PM

Thanks anyway. It's either go on that excursion or stay on the ship. I haven't been over to Port Lucaya in a long time though.

Dwayne 09-27-2010 12:57 AM

I went ahead and reserved it. We have a group of 5 going over so far. They are supposed to give RT transportation and snorkel equipment (I bring my own) and instruction. I have a couple newbies with me this time. The reviews I have read have been very good. Plus, they have conch fritters and that sold me.

Was leery about going over that far, as my passport still hasn't came back. What the heck, life is an adventure. I'll write a full review when I get back. I can't take walking around the pier again and we already have 2 sea days to be on the ship.

MCPayne 09-27-2010 07:31 PM

According to the US Department of State, passport applications are taking about 4-6 weeks. You should be able to check the status of your passport application / renewal here. I'd be nervous too, if I was sailing in a couple weeks and didn't have a valid passport!

penny3333 09-28-2010 12:08 PM

Sounds great, Dwayne. I hope the snorkeling is good. Conch fritters would sell me, too