Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2007, 01:21 PM

I am a first time cruiser and I have booked the Crown Princess Southern Explorer Cruise. Any must see & do in any of the ports listed is greatly appreciated. Ports: St. Thomas, St. Kitts,Aruba,Grenada & Bonaire.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:03 PM

Don't know if you enjoy snorkeling, but if you do, take the Mushi Mushi catamaran sail/snorkel in Bonaire. The crew is great, the catamaran is beautiful, the equipment is top notch. In Grenada, take the snorkel trip to Flamingo Bay. It is a wonderful snorkel (we booked through Princess). The water drops off to 95 feet or more at the point, it is clear water and an abundance of sea life. You're there for close to 2 hours of snorkeling, it's awesome. In St. Thomas, take the ferry to St. John and a cab to Trunk Bay. It is one of the top 10 beaches in the world, and has snorkeling about 50 yards off shore. Beautiful white sand, crystal clear warm and calm water. All the immenities are available. If you don't enjoy snorkeling, St. Thomas is a great place for shopping. St. Kitts visit the Batik factory. Aruba is decent shopping and a good beach day. Grenada take the ferry or cab over to the Grand Anse beach, good shopping and a beautiful beach. There is also a good tour through the rain forest in Grenada-great scenery. All we did in Bonaire is the snorkel, didn't look like much to do in town, but we didn't go in so can't help much there. You'll love the Crown, she's a beauty. Best wishes and enjoy your cruise!!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:05 PM

Sorry, forgot to welcome you to cruise-chat. Welcome aboard and just remember, cruising is addictive
Old 05-31-2007, 06:10 AM

To Penny3333
Thanks for all your assistance that really helps me a lot. Love to snorkle and golf, not so much a shopper but love to beach bum!
I am really looking forward to this vacation!!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:56 AM

I'm pretty sure there are some golfers on this site. I know there are golfing packages offered, just don't know which islands. My golf game pretty much matches my bowling average (156), so I haven't looked into any of the excursions. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, you're visiting some great islands!!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:11 AM

MI Dollie, welcome to cruise chat! Penny made great suggestions. I would add one more. We loved the island of St. Kitts. We took the train ride around the island. It was very interesting and a lot of fun. The people who lived along the route would wave to us and the kids were so excited when the train went by. The guides were entertaining and it was very enjoyable.

Cruising is very addictive. Once you have visited an island, you just want to return again and again--to do all the things you missed the previous times!

Nadine

Nadine
Old 05-31-2007, 03:17 PM

Check here for the cruise lines golf program.

Closed Thread