Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Just got back from Western Caribbean cruise on RCL. We booked an excursion through RCL called Jungle River Tubing at Montego Bay - not sure if Carnival offers something similar. It is a gentle and shallow river, and the guides do all of the paddling work, resulting in a 2-hour leisurely ride that felt like heaven on a hot day. The guides were hilarious, poking fun at each other and the guests alike. I would highly recommend this if you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing excursion, but not if you are looking for high adventure.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:41 PM

I did the tour to the White Witch with shopping. Do NOT go out on your own, stay with the crowd. Jamaica is a beautiful island, but very poor, so it is better to stay with a group, things can and do happen. I made the mistake of going on my own to get some jerk chicken and it was definitely a mistake. I was lucky, I quickly rejoined the crowd with the best jerk chicken I've ever tasted! But enjoy the island with some sort of organized tour, it is well worth it.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Banned

penny, I agree with you. We heard rumors before we cruised to Jamaica. Heck, I've heard bad things about Jamaica since I was a kid. Even friends who've been there told us, "you are going to hate Jamaica." I wanted to go there with an open mind because that's how I am and I wanted to form my own opinion. When we first docked in Montego Bay and I looked out, the landscape was so beautiful with the mountainous ranges and tropical lush green trees. Once we were enroute to Ochos Rios I almost told our driver to turn us around and go back to the ship. We saw the jerk chicken stands on the way. Although, I wasn't brave enough to have our driver stop for some. Once we got to Dunns River, it was breathtaking. Jamaica's coastline is gorgeous.
What sealed the deal for me was a "quick" bank stop our driver made for us. I breathed a sigh of relief when we re-boarded our ship. I was never more happy to see the inside of my cabin as I was in Jamaica.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Tesi-Try rafting on the Martha Brae. It will take you out of Mo' Bay and you will see a bit of the real beauty of Jamaica from the tour bus. The Raft is gently poled down a quiet river! A most relaxing experience!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
advisor, bay, conquest, cruise, excursion, excursions, forum, jamaica, montego, shore, suggestions, testimonials, tips, trip, tripadvisor