Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM

Hi, Can anyone please give me any and as much info they can about booking an excursion at the dock in St Lucia? I have been on many cruises and some are great for this where you can get stuff for half the price where other ports don't have anything to book at the dock and you have to book excursions on the ship. I also scuba dive so if you have any positive stuff to say about diving here please do. I may dive depending on what other things we might be able to do here. Thanks so much for any info! =) Justin
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM

Hi, Can anyone please give me any and as much info they can about booking an excursion at the dock in St Lucia? I have been on many cruises and some are great for this where you can get stuff for half the price where other ports don't have anything to book at the dock and you have to book excursions on the ship. I also scuba dive so if you have any positive stuff to say about diving here please do. I may dive depending on what other things we might be able to do here. Thanks so much for any info! =) Justin
Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 PM

You can book excursions on shore, but you'll be spending more than if you book through the ship. We took a cab to Pigeon Island the last time we were there. He charged us $80/one way, then we had to pay for the entrance to the park and he charged us $80/to return to the ship. There was a pirate ship excursion through the ship that was $49/pp, which included a stop for over an hour at Pigeon Island, and all the rum punch you wanted on the return back to the dock. The pitons is a good dive/snorkel, but was more expensive on shore than through the ship. You can try it if you'd like, but I really think you'll get a better price through the ship.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Justin, see my review in the Carnival section for answers for your questions here. But to answer this question, you can definetly book a private driver tour or get a group of tour going right at the port in St Lucia. There are several tour guides there and you can negotiate a price with them. Note the more people you have the cheaper the tour is. ALSO note that if you are say 4 people, the tour guide will most likely load you onto his mini bus and then go back and try to get more people anyway. They don't like to go with only a couple of people on the bus. (This is true for all of your ports you are asking about) SO, its best if you can meet up with others to share the cost OR you ask what the price is now when the additional people get on the bus.

You can take a tour, see the Pitons, the rain forrest or plantations. There is plenty to see. Just ask the tour guide where he would take you for the quoted cost or ask to see a specific thing and you should be set.

I did not look, but I don't recall seeing boat based tours (like a catamaran sail or such) being booked at the pier. I'm sure there was, but we were not looking for it. I would not worry about not being able to find a tour to your liking and budget.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
book, cruise, cruises, dock, excursion, excursions, guide, info, kitts, lucia, port, ships, st, stlucia, tour