Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 02:13 PM

My family is traveling in April visiting Cozumel, Roatan Honduras and Progresso. I have jeep/snorkeling excursion planned for Cozumel but can;t make up my mind for an excursion in Roatan and read there is not much to see in Progeso. Can any suggest what are the better excursions in Roatan. I'm traveling with my husband and 14 year old daughter.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 08:37 AM

Hi bragan, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I would definitely suggest a snorkeling excursion in Roatan. We did a really nice sail/snorkel excursion through Costa there in January. The water was really clear, lots of colorful fish and coral. The port is definitely not over-developed. There is a shopping area where you dock or tender to (there's only room for 1 ship). We did get to see a little of the island while going to/from the catamaran. It is definitely one place I'd like to return to. Not much to do in Progresso. I'd do a beach day and some shopping. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:31 PM

Hi Bragan,

We just got back from Roatan last week. Most of the activities are based on the opposite side of the island of where the dock is. We took a taxi to Fosters, which is a beach resort. For $5 per person, we laid out on a nice beach, and has use of their restrooms. There were shops there, and a reasonable priced restaurant. We rented snorkel equipment for $10, but only saw one variety of fish. There were about half a dozen other passengers there from our ship, so it wasn't very crowded. I loved it, and it was one of my favorite ports.

MamaofEnS
Carnival Ecstasy June 2002
Carnival Elation August 2000
Celebrity Century June 1998
Carnival Carnivale August 1993

Closed Thread

Tags
catamaran, cruise, excursions, honduras, jolly, port, progreso, rci, reviews, roatan, roger, rotan, sail, snorkel, snorkeling, tender