Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 10:00 AM

Okay, I've been reading different vendors website along with all the answers I have received from my earlier post. I am trying to make my final decision on who to book through.

RCCL-Says 3 hours, includes transport to park.
Shoretrips.com - Says 1 hour, says taxi required (does that mean not included?)

I've read people say that the RCCL group is usually large and doesn't get much time with the dolphins. But for a $5 price and a 2 hours difference (and maybe additional for transport) is it worth booking through other than RCCL (especially for a newbie?)

I would love to hear from people that have booked through both venues for this excursion.
Thanx,
Erika
Mariner - Western - May 2007
Mariner - Eastern - March 2008
Old 02-25-2007, 01:24 PM

RCCL's 3 hours includes tendering to shore, getting to a bus/taxi, getting to the park, heading over to the dolphin area, etc. all the way to when they drop you back by the tender port for return to the ship. It is real time the excusion takes, not how long you are in the water. The actual time in the water is determined by the park and what you have paid for. Our royal swim had us actually with the animals for 45 minutes or more--our video is 45 minutes long--booked through shoretrips.com, and I understand you can contact the park directly. Also there is a beach there, and there was snorkeling (wilma? who knows) and concession, also a nice jungle area with waterfalls and plants and replicas of ruins that was a pretty stroll (which we could do since we were not being herded back to the ship with the group). Taxi is not included from Shoretrips.com, you just approach one and tell them you are going to Chakanaab and it takes about 12-15 minutes. there were lots of cabs on the other end when we were ready to go back. The ship's group, on that day, was much larger and simply did not get the interaction or attention of the animals we did, and our experience is the only one I can comment on. Hope this helps.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-26-2007, 12:16 PM

HEAR, HEAR - Laurie! I agree! We booked ours directly through Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab. I'm spending my extra time downtown doing some shopping, not riding a bus!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, compare, cozumel, cozumellocal, distance, dolphin, doplhin, excursion, excursions, port, pull, push, review, reviews, swim, vendors, walking