Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2005, 11:02 PM

Hello,
I'm taking a cruise to Cozmel with my family and my sister's family in February.

I'm interested in combining a day at the beach with one of those 2 or 3-hour catamaran snorkeling tours.Would have to include kids.

Any suggestions for keeping the cost down?

I don't want to pay full price for two separate excursions. I understand one snorkel tour departs from Playa San Francisco.

Has anyone taken a taxi (not the ship's bus) to Playa San Francisco, embarked on the catamaran off the beach and enjoyed the rest of the day at the beach?

Also, I understand we should book the catamaran tour well in advance. True? And how close is Playa Mia to Playa San Francisco?
Thanks!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:00 PM

It is going to cost you about $15 per taxi to get to and from Playa San Francisco. Playa San Francisco adjoins Paradise Beach and both can offer you snorkeling trips. Playa Mia is about a ten to fifteen minute walk up the beach from Playa San Francisco.

Another option would be to go to Playa Palancar and take their dive boat for a snorkel trip.

Have a great day in Cozumel..

Tom
Old 12-29-2005, 11:02 AM

Muchas gracias, Tom!
One more question - should I pre-book a snorkel boat tour or are there plenty leaving Paradise and San Francisco beaches?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 PM

Personally, I would wait until I got there. Who knows what the weather conditions will be in the future. If you arrive and conditions are perfect, then I would immediately book one, if not, forget it.

Just my opinion.

Tom
Old 01-08-2006, 07:55 AM

Do you know what the condition of Cozumel is? Sound like tendering is inevitable, right? I've booked a tour to Tulum and Xel-Ha through Princess. Wondering if you had an opinion about whether we'll really be able to complete this 8-hr excursion. Cruised many times and have never seen ruins - thought this might be a good time. Going to Costa Maya and Cozumel. Any suggestions? Appreciate the help.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:07 PM

Has anyone gone on the Tulum & Xel-ha tour? It looks great.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:05 PM

I've been on the tour, but I was also staying in Cancun and didnt have a time limit.
I loved it, and would do it again in a heart beat, but I was also just in Coz. and if you havent seen the island yet, you would miss a great time. If you have been there, then the other is a worth it if they give you enough time to do the tour without having to rush...

Art
Old 01-14-2006, 06:46 PM

Paradise Beach have just started a new catamaran snorkel tour that goes directly from their beach. It's $35 per person, more info on their site: http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net

Ian

COZUMEL - retunring greater than ever!
http://www.wilmacozumel.com
Old 01-15-2006, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Been to Cozumel several times and never visited any ruins - so figure this is my chance. Web sites for Xel-ha look beautiful.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:46 PM

Hi, I went to Xel-Ha last year when I was in Mexico. We join a tour and so we had a limited time there. I personally thinks it's ok, it doesn't look as great as it seems on the poster and advertising pictures. You can do tube floating and snokeling etc. there. Food is also included, there's a couple of restaurant in there that's not bad. If you like water activity, get in there and get to it, don't go explore around because it's a pretty big area and you will waste all your time.

I would actually recommend this other park close to Xel-Ha call X-caret, it's a way better place.

carmen

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, carmen, catamaran, catamarans, cozumel, curise, day, del, excursion, excursions, mia, playa, reviews, snorkel, tours