Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 10:55 AM

Thank you all. Scott, thanks for the details about all of those ports. That is extremely helpful. I can't wait!

Caribbean Links
Old 08-15-2006, 01:34 PM

We have been to Labadee twice and it is one of our favorite ports. It is just beautiful. They serve a great lunch while you are there.

At Grand Cayman we swam with the stingrays and I would recommend that excursion to everyone! You are only in waist deep water and do not need to use the snorkels they give you. Just the experience of touching the sting rays was awesome.

At Cozumel we went on the BOB's, which are like underwater motorcyles. After putting on the helmet, a diver took us to a reef where we could get up close to beautiful fish. Air is always being pumped into the helmet, so there is no water in your face. I even wore my glasses while in the BOB.

I have never been to the Tulum ruins, but people I have talked to would agree with Scott, that it is worth the time to go there. When we visited Costa Maya on our last cruise, we visited Mayan ruins near there. We became intrigued with the Mayan culture. A person doesn't have to be a history buff to appreciate the intelligence and foresight of the Mayan civilization.

Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:17 AM

Believe it or not, I was in Haiti on the beach and in Port au Prince last year, working. While I was occasionally nervous, I never really felt in danger. It depends where you go and what you're doing. Like any third world country filled with desperately poor people, there is always danger off the beaten path. Labadee is very safe and I would love to be stopping there this year. A friend went with a group in July of this year to work for 2 weeks in an orphanage where they are adopting a young girl. They returned very safely and without incident.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 AM

Labadee is our favorite stop. It is private and beautiful. Don't stay on the ship or you will miss out on a day to remember.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:27 PM

Yes, you should definately get off there, absolutely nothing to worry about. I saw a thread somewhere on here that said they saw locals panhandling. I've never witnessed that the times we've been there. I heard that RC has the border to the penninsula secured, but also heard that it wasn't really neccessary, since that area is so remote. I heard they have tribes in the mountains there that are Zombies, (true), but I don't think they're dangerous either. RC staff told us that.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:18 PM

Do not worry about Labadee, like Sonny said it probally safer than alot of the other islands in the Carribbean. I loved it there the 3 times that I visited it and my folks have been there 6 times and never felt uneasy. Just remember like everyone here says these trips are very addicting. You will wanna go again and alot.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 01-08-2007, 12:47 PM

My family and I just returned from a cruise on the Voyager of the Sea on Jan. 6 2007. Our first port of call was Labadee, this place was the most beautiful place I have ever seen and you would be really missing out if you did not go. It was by far the favorite port of all of that we visited. I only wish we spent more time there. We all felt completely safe there.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:38 AM

Well I am so relieved to hear all of these wonderful reviews of Labadee. Now I can't wait. ONly 20 more days. Hey can anyone tell me how to post the ticker. I created one but don't know how to paste the info in my "signature." Where do I go to get to my signature?

Caribbean Links

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, cruise, haiti, haitit, lababee, labadee, laboudee, lavadi, lebadee, port, safe, safety, thing, things, visit