Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Caribbean Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Banned

Dos Equis or Corona, Carl?
With or without lime?

sassychic... they should NOT charge you for a 2 year old that is going to be seated on your lap for a short trip. Barter with the driver. They are pretty decent locals in Cozumel. Post when you get back and let me know if they charged you.
Good luck.

A'ndrea
Old 06-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Corona, with lime. Every picture, was a Corona with lime. I would like to say it was the same Corona each time but.....
Old 06-07-2007, 08:52 AM

i think the trip to and from is 10 dollars,each way thats it. we took the taxi in sept, 4 people and it cost 2 of us 5 dollars, and the other 2, 5 dollars. coming back was the same way. ask before you get in the taxi. they will over charge you if they think they can get away with it.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:43 AM

If you book the dolphin excursion through the cruise ship, is transportation included or extra?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

candi, if you book directly through the cruise line, it's included in the price displayed.
A'ndrea
Old 06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned

we went to Chankanaab last sept. it USED TO BE
a nice beach park...now it is a overpriced wreck.
taxi cost $15 total for 1-4 people each way and there are plenty of cabs at all the tourist beaches. the problem came when we paid $14 at the gate to get in ( we had our own snorkel gear or it would have been more).
After paying we were told that the hurricane had hit them hard and that the dolphins were gone, the reef was gone, most of the underwater statues were gone, the nature trail was gone, the native art replicas were gone, the park was still being rebuilt and was basically just a beach with chairs and hammocks...they didnt tell you this untill AFTER you paid ( i researched the place before i went and never saw a thing about this on thier site or any other)
I joined this forum to warn people about this ripoff...so once again I will repeat Chankanaab is a ripoff...i heard they got thier dolphin tour back but the reef will never be the same...the only reef worth seeing is offshore and requires a boat tour...Chankanaab didnt even have corona beer at thier overpriced $3 beer stand...I snorkeled the entire area and didnt see much of anything...we used the hammocks for an hour and left...it was cheaper going on our own instead of the ship's tour but definately not worth the $60. try paradise beach instead.

Closed Thread

Tags
cab, car, chankanaab, cost, cozumel, cruise, excursion, national, park, pier, port, review, ride, ship, taxi